Sustaining 75/76/77 Maps /w Blue Rolls

OK, starting the mission with 40 lvl 75 maps, 260 alchs and 105 chisels. Will chisel 76+ and do 75s with alch-and-go. Unidentified maps I will run unidentified. Started off pretty good, first Cells (65% IIQ / 14% packsize unID blue) dropped a 76 Gorge + 70.

Will up-vendor all the low-level maps I do not need for chisel recipe or keep for other reasons (like Mountain Ledge).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
yeah just post it in here why not.

40 maps is a lot, hopefully it works out.

I never have to fall back to 74s, but thats because I play 76+, if that makes sense? Theres always that level of maps directly below the maps I 'play' that I dip into now and then just to bulk up. I dont wait until I have to play 75s, I preemptively bash out a bunch of 75s real quick now and then. If you are actively playing 75s theres a chance youll still have to play some 74s and imo, best way to deal with that is not to wait until you are out of 75s, its to just throw some choice 74s into the rotations now and then.

Getting past 74s is important though because they just suck. If ur melee u can probably obliterate jungle valley, if not that boss can be horrible, torture chamber is horrible, labyrinth is horrible. I feel like Wastepool is the best map in that bracket, thats the one Id probably play now and then, maybe mine but mines layout is aids incarnate.

I dunno if that makes sense? Like say eventually u get shit on for a long string of maps, you might be forced back to 74s and have to run 25 of them to build back out into 75s. That can be emotionally traumatic lol. So the way I look at it Id rather take that 25 map bad patch of 74s and scatter it through my 75s so that I never actually run out of 75s, I never have that horror moment because I played the 25 map lvl74 patch spread out through my 75 runs before it became an issue, I kept it on my terms, I kept it confined to the good map bases I dont mind playing. i dunno if that makes sense lol.

Thats why I run dry pens and canyons even though I sort of only play 76+, I chose to play 75s occasionally so that I never HAVE to play 75s. Throwing down 5x canyons here and there while I still have 40x 76 maps feels fine, running out of 76s and facing having to build back out of 75s would drive me insane, too insane to risk that ever happening. I never managed to completely stop playing 74s until I virtually stopped playing 75s, because while I was playing 75s non stop I could never sustain them infinitely. Theres a good chance that I now never have to play 75s again, but I dont risk it, I pay my dues to the lowball map god before he comes knocking with the bailiffs.
I never used to have a problem sustaining 77-78 all-the-time. Since we are posting stash tabs this one used to be called 77-78 and was FULL! couple months after Awenkening dropped I had to rename it to 75+ because I cant even replace 77-78s I burned through. Notice mostly 75s on the right? yeah:(

I basically one shot even rares on 90% of these maps. Thats no fun. I want higher ones. Maybe some ppl like gridning beneath their characters over and over but it takes fun out for me and makes me ask why build in the first place? all dressed up no place to go.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 5, 2015, 3:09:58 AM
Below is my 75+ maps tab at the point of hitting level 100 on my "main" in Warbands. Bit disorganized as I don't have enough space, higher maps are on the right side. Played mostly solo, sometimes duo with a friend, so was unable to run really crazy high quantities safely.

I've vendored and sold to other players countless 73-76 maps, recently started selling 77-78, and a few days ago even 79 maps with undesirable layout/boss types - for lack of time to run them all doing the better ones, and 80+.

I think estabilishing yourself in a high pool is more than possible, but takes well rolled maps and a lot of time for the law of large numbers to take effect. I had a dry spell where I almost ran out of 77 maps even, having already done a few 82s.
Alternatively you can MF/Atziri your way into buying a map pool for yourself I guess. For me, selling maps to other players fueled most of the currency I dumped into high maps.

Spoiler

so I just ran the only 82 map Ive had drop, this is what were dealing with here

Spoiler

had about 7 ambush boxes, rolled them all for magic mobs. I should have run the map white, honestly, its actually impossible it could have turned out any worse. Not that it really matters mod wise as it was just complete faceroll from start to finish, but honestly just the way rng is, if I had run it white, I would probably have got better map drops. Thats not just me being flippant and exaggerating, that is actually true, 118% quant, 29% pack, ambush zana, every box rolled for elite mobs, whats the point? Really, what is the point lol.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 5, 2015, 6:25:23 AM
Maps' bosses should have 50% chance to drop a map with a range of -2/+2
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
shonestly, its actually impossible it could have turned out any worse.

mmm... maybe if the boss drops a 68?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
whats the point? Really, what is the point lol.

"fun"... I guess!?
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
shonestly, its actually impossible it could have turned out any worse.

mmm... maybe if the boss drops a 68?

if I run a 68 map my xp bar would go from 6% to 6%, which is exactly the same amount as running a 72 map, sadly.

that 72 map should be showing unverified now, because I just cursor deleted it, thats what that map meant to me.

☑ Chiselled
☑ Corrupted
◻ 8 Property
◻ +1 level
◻ 6 Property
◻ 5 Property
☑ 4 Property Kappa
☑ Annoying mods
☑ Rippy mods
◻ Appropriate quantity and pack size
☑ Fragment
◻ Midnight
☑ Double map drop
◻ Not trash maps
☑ Double unique drop
◻ Not trash uniques
◻ Worth
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 5, 2015, 7:45:55 AM
Those posting the results of a single map run seem to be trying really hard not to understand how GGG's system is supposed to work.

Yes, running rippy maps with ambush magic monsters is still worth it even if you only got a Sewer for your trouble. You need 100s of maps to draw any conclusions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info