Confused with CwDt + CoH

Hi there,

Im pretty confused with this setup:

It simply doesnt apply the curse. The firestorm gets triggert but no CoH effect.

But if I cast it manually by removing the Cwdt gem, the curse gets applied correctly.

Hope there is a simple mistake.
IGN: OTB_Raccon
CWDT level 38 and BELOW, the other skill is level req 42.

So you either level up the cwdt which will result in higher amounts of life loss needed or level another CoH gem to 38.

BTW do 2 trigger gems even work together?
Last edited by OrmusVinge on Sep 3, 2015, 6:05:11 AM
Sry but Firestorm is level 38. Ive tried it with a cwdt lvl9 to be sure but it still doesnt work.

Edit: Jeah, they have to work together. Im using this setup and it works:

Edit2: And of course it works if I remove the Firestorm -.-
Last edited by Koellsch on Sep 3, 2015, 6:11:20 AM
I don't think you can trigger other triggers. I experimented a bit with that when I found my first trigger gems, and it never worked. That was a year ago though, so take it with a grain of salt.

What's happening might be this:
Cwdt triggers all spells in the setup. Firestorm is a spell and gets triggered. "Curse on Hit" is not a spell and does not get triggered. Interestingly, CoH still seems to block Temporal Chains.

Question: Why do you have CoH in this setup? If you remove it, Cwdt would simply trigger both spells (Firestorm and Temporal Chains), so why put CoH in (instead of another spell that could be procced)?
With cwdt + coh you can level the curse past the level cap of cwdt.

Like I do with the Ice Nova setting from above that already works.
Last edited by Koellsch on Sep 3, 2015, 6:17:54 AM
Tried different gem order?

Afaik it work this way:

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Interesting. :)

I'm not sure if that's working as designed, but in any case, it seems now that the problem is indeed with Firestorm.

What happens if you replace Firestorm with other damage-dealing skills? Does the setup work with those (as with Ice Nova) or not (as with Firestorm)?

Edit: Also, yes, gem order (while usually not that relevant) may indeed be important in a setup with staggered triggers!
Last edited by Psyringe on Sep 3, 2015, 6:28:41 AM
Damnit, I thought about the order - Im testing it

Edit: Sadly this was not the answer

Edit2: This is bullcrap. I tried a different curse (projectile weakness), another spell (Ice Nova) and a level 1 coh. No success
Last edited by Koellsch on Sep 3, 2015, 6:38:43 AM
Well, you have a working setup (with the boots), and a non-working one (with the helmet). Can you try to successively change the setup from the boots to that of the helmet, to see where it breaks exactly?
that was my first attempt. The boots work with all of the gems and another curse. But I didnt change the colors for temp chains - it was some efford to get them 3 blue socked
Last edited by Koellsch on Sep 3, 2015, 6:53:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info