Patch error - "could not write over executable"

Never got errors patching. Rebooted, deleted the temp, etc -- no dice. Bad patch?

edit: reinstalled fixed.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Last edited by Psomm on Sep 2, 2015, 11:57:15 PM
canno't download the patch as well here T.T, unable to connect to the server.
New patch, same error again. I'm not going to reinstall again -- there's gotta be something going on here -- something is not working as it should. I've been running PoE for 3 years never had a single issue with patches.

Patch downloads, then this error:

Exit out, double click POE, this error:

There's no PoE exe is running in processes, reboot same result.

What ya think?
Last edited by Psomm on Sep 9, 2015, 7:22:13 PM
It was not being ran as administrator. Never changed the shortcut or permissions, least I know what it is when future patches get silly with me.
Last edited by Psomm on Sep 9, 2015, 8:27:03 PM
Just had this issue as well. However, I managed to get it to work by deleting everything in the folder except the installer executable and the mega content file
http://i60.tinypic.com/1e12fm.png

Last edited by CryingGods on Sep 10, 2015, 2:36:32 AM
Not sure if same issue, as I haven't experienced it in a while, but here's a post I did in the closed beta once upon a time-

Spoiler
For anyone else that has this issue, all you have to do is type that URL into your browser. A download will start. Save the file into your PoE:Awakening directory and re-launch the client. I have had this issue pretty much every time the beta client has updated and this has worked for me 9/10 times.
To all the girls in the red high-heeled shoes,
they took all our money and stole all our boos.
They ain't got their cherries, but that's no sin,
they still got the box the cherry came in!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info