RIP'd in tempest, didn't even see myself die

Unfortunately, I ripped in tempest when I ran into a large group of mobs. The last thing I saw was "An unexpected disconnection occured" bringing me to the log-in screen. This game has been great, but the desync issue is really a dealbreaker in terms of enjoyment. I'll be taking off for a bit.

stay safe guys
Cast in the name of god

Ye guilty

R.I.P

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'm sorry to hear that, Monitick.

A disconnect isn't the same as Desync though, but instead suggests a connection issue. I recommend making a thread in Technical Support or emailing support@grindinggear.com if you frequently experiencing issues like this.

Hopefully it's something that can be easily sorted out.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
I was playing path of exile using vmware fusion 7 on mac OS yosemite. This "disconnection" is a common issue that I see when I try to hack away large mobs. The fps drops to 0. I suspect that the virtual machine isn't using the mac gpu fully (I believe all processes are virtualized, and therefore the monster effects are computed by the CPU...much slower). I'm grasping at straws here, but if the disconnection is only occuring when there are alot of effects, perhaps the CPU couldn't keep up with calculation of the effects and then desync'd with the server.

Not sure if it was a pure network issue. Hope a mac version comes out in the future.
PoE has always had poor framerates with mobs and other GPU heavy effects. If you are running in a VM then the graphics driver is virtualized and that just makes the problem worse. I doubt that will ever change.

GGG does need to come out with a native Linux version but I doubt that will ever happen either. GGG is just too small and thus way too short on the human resources needed to port PoE over to Linux. The Mac OS is BSD, very similar to Linux (both are derivatives of UNIX) so if GGG would do a Linux port then the next step to a native Mac version wouldn't be a major operation. But don't hold your breath.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Died handful of times in hc leagues due to "unexpected disconnection". Irony was half the times I was never near any mobs or remotely dangerous situation. Just walking along, plop dc, relog > standard.

As a result, to me hc is no longer about being able to overcome one's own deficiencies in gameplay but more about getting lucky enough to never get disconnected at any awkward time. To me that's the stupidest shit in the (virtual) world, and not something that let's me enjoy hc. Therefore I play sc leagues once again, just tinkering and incrementally improving my gameplay/char/currency pool/etc.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
I don't understand why the game keeps rolling when you get disconnected.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
I don't understand why the game keeps rolling when you get disconnected.

Because depending on exactly how/why you got disconnected, it may take the server a little while to realize that fact. If you quit the game normally, it tells the server that, obviously. Even in the case of the game client crashing or something like that, your computer will be able to send a packet to the server telling it to close the connection. If a router somewhere halfway in between you and the server dies though, it may take a few seconds for the server to realize it's suddenly no longer receiving any data from you, try to ping your client, still fail to receive anything, and finally give up and drop the connection. Might not take THAT long, but in a game where you can die in under a second, it's plenty long enough.
"
Monitick wrote:
I was playing path of exile using vmware fusion 7 on mac OS yosemite. This "disconnection" is a common issue that I see when I try to hack away large mobs. The fps drops to 0. I suspect that the virtual machine isn't using the mac gpu fully (I believe all processes are virtualized, and therefore the monster effects are computed by the CPU...much slower). I'm grasping at straws here, but if the disconnection is only occuring when there are alot of effects, perhaps the CPU couldn't keep up with calculation of the effects and then desync'd with the server.

Not sure if it was a pure network issue. Hope a mac version comes out in the future.

Wouldn't be better to play on this unofficial OS X port based on a WINE? I tried it couple of times and it is not so bad.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
#1 reason I don't play HC.

Hats off to those of you who do, but I would be so pissed off to RIP to disconnect that I'd never come back. It boggles my mind that that's actually an accepted feature of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info