For those that pay attention to US politics or aqua teen hunger force ..

"
This is the reason why people vote Trump:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/02/entertainment/taylor-swift-wildest-dreams-colonialism-feat/

Um... that makes zero sense at all.
"
MoonfireArt wrote:
Yes, I totally agree. However, this is the internet. So, yeah, disclaimer for sure. Why?

Hence, disclaimer.

I am not a Republican. I'm a Libertarian, personally (Fiscal conservative, social Liberal). However, i will be voting for Trump this election. At this point, anything is better than the status quo.

I empathize with the guy. He's just as sick of the BS in this country as i am.

Your story sums it up pretty well. But, the reason I thought it was dissapointing is it that it shows you expect a confrontation and are preemptively giving yourself an out.

When people ask me what party I support I tell them, I am so far right that I view the democrats and republicans as one far left party. Are you fascist, they ask. No, they are a bunch of big government leftest as well, I am a libertarian. ;)
"
Xavderion wrote:
I don't see the right to bear arms as a problem. Switzerland is a country of "gun nuts" too and their murder rate is one of the lowest in the world. The problem lies elsewhere but it might be politically incorrect to name it :x

Yeah, the vast majority of the problem does lie elsewhere, but your are wrong on Switzerland. It has the highest percentage of massshooting victims in western europe, excluding Norway of course, which had only 1 incident but was brutal. They also have one of the highest percentages of gun crimes in Western europe as well(if not the highest), and if you combine their overall very low crime rate, and extremely high level of living standards, the absence of gun control could be the most important factor of their gun crime rates.

As for Trump, Moonfire, all i hear him screaming is non sense. It's not so much that i (really) dislike what he says, it's also that it does not make sense. Like at all.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
When people ask me what party I support I tell them, I am so far right that I view the democrats and republicans as one far left party. Are you fascist, they ask. No, they are a bunch of big government leftest as well, I am a libertarian. ;)

I bet you believe in those silly <air quotes>"State's Rights"</Air Quotes> too, huh? :)
"
MoonfireArt wrote:

I bet you believe in those silly <air quotes>"State's Rights"</Air Quotes> too, huh? :)

Heh, well my statement is more to get people fired up so that good discussion can ensue.

But, to answer your question honestly. I believe that local goverment will be more attentive to the peoples needs. As well as more representative of and accountable to the people being governed. And finaly, the more power centralized in the federal gov., the more widespread and definitive faults with that gov. will be upon the people. Where as with local gov., some will be good and others bad, but the people will have a choice of where they want to live. So yes, I think States Rights are important.
"
Heh, well my statement is more to get people fired up so that good discussion can ensue.

But, to answer your question honestly. I believe that local goverment will be more attentive to the peoples needs. As well as more representative of and accountable to the people being governed. And finaly, the more power centralized in the federal gov., the more widespread and definitive faults with that gov. will be upon the people. Where as with local gov., some will be good and others bad, but the people will have a choice of where they want to live. So yes, I think States Rights are important.

I was only trying to be funny :)

Seriously though, I am a proponent of State's Rights as well, for the exact reasons you stated.
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
I don't see the right to bear arms as a problem. Switzerland is a country of "gun nuts" too and their murder rate is one of the lowest in the world. The problem lies elsewhere but it might be politically incorrect to name it :x

Yeah, the vast majority of the problem does lie elsewhere, but your are wrong on Switzerland. It has the highest percentage of massshooting victims in western europe, excluding Norway of course, which had only 1 incident but was brutal. They also have one of the highest percentages of gun crimes in Western europe as well(if not the highest), and if you combine their overall very low crime rate, and extremely high level of living standards, the absence of gun control could be the most important factor of their gun crime rates.

Proofs? Because this link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate) shows that if you don't count suicides, gun related deaths are very average compared to rest of Europe. Suicide rate is quite high though for a country with such a high standard of living.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Its funny how most people chiming in on US politics.. aren't American lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

eh, everyone can have an opinion ;)
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

eh, everyone can have an opinion ;)

Right. Being that you cant vote on it though, in this case, it makes it about as useless as if I looked up and researched Zimbabwe's opposition party.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info