All *rare *and super-rare Uniques drop 4x more, div cards a lot more farmable

I see people ranting about T1 uniques only, yet nobody mentions the T2 Unique change and the divination card change. This is HUGE.

It is one of the best patches ever, period.

I'm not a casual, for the past 2 months I've been playing 8+ hours a day as I had a lot of free time. I bought my windripper early, got lucky currency drops and I don't really need any of these items.

BUT

As a person who dislikes trading and likes rerolling a lot, this change is more than welcoming.

Also, many people on my friend list have already stopped playing again (15 active ones became like 1-2). This change is sure to keep people playing more as rerolling, new builds, experiments etc will be a lot easier now!

IMHO, Path of Exile should be focused a lot more on playing the game, rather than trading / trying to trade / taking advantage of new players; this patch does exactly that.

I may have quite a lot of complaints regarding the game overall, but this time you did it, GGG.

Well Done.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
4x 0 = 0

You will barely see an increase in the market on super rares and it will barely affect the price.
Currently 26 shavs listed on POE trade. How many dropped and added since patch yesterday I do not know.
Only 17 Mjolner
A lot of these that drop will be used in builds and not end up on market.
You will be lucky to see double the amount for sale.
50 of a unique for sale is nothing compared to the player base.

On the bright side carcass jack/ lightning coil should see a big increase.
I've noticed very few for sale vs older leagues. I believe they bumped the tier on these if I remember right from a previous post. So they should drop about same or a tad bit more than previous leagues.

Divination cards change I cannot even tell about yet. Did a ton of maps after patch yesterday and found 1 card so that was laughable change.
You're trying to back up your statement with numbers from poe.trade not even a day after launch?
Seriously?

x4 means x4.
There will be 4times as many tier 1 uniques dropped from now on.

Not by you or me, but by the whole player population.

This does not mean that there will be 4times as many for sale at all times, but it will definetly influence the price. Maybe not as much as a direct nerf to an item, but significantly none the less.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
You're trying to back up your statement with numbers from poe.trade not even a day after launch?
Seriously?

x4 means x4.

This does not mean that there will be 4times as many for sale at all times, but it will definetly influence the price. Maybe not as much as a direct nerf to an item, but significantly none the less.

If your chance of winning lottery is 1 in 800,000,000 then it is now 1 in 2,000,000,000

These items will still be like winning the lottery, the extremely small percent added, basically doesn't matter.
Super rare will still be super rare.
They didn't increase the drop rate enough to make it farm-able or affect the economy of the item.

so yes 4 x 0 = 0

It is nice I have a 4x more chance of finding one of these of course, but will I be one of the lucky lottery winners' probably not.
Last edited by jota1500 on Sep 3, 2015, 3:07:02 PM
I just hope this bumps Windripper droprate enough that I can actually afford to try the cast on crit build I've been theorycrafting. Started leveling my scion yesterday >=]
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
I found Kaoms Heart this league before the patch 4x1=4 Yay me!

Sucks to be you people who didnt find one before the patch because 4x0=0 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
jota1500 wrote:

If your chance of winning lottery is 1 in 800,000,000 then it is now 1 in 2,000,000,000

These items will still be like winning the lottery, the extremely small percent added, basically doesn't matter.
They didn't increase the drop rate enough to make it farm-able or affect the economy of the item.

so yes 4 x 0 = 0

It is nice I have a 4x more chance of finding one of these of course, but will I be one of the lucky lottery winners' probably not.

That still doesn't mean there won't be 4 times more shav's dropped by the whole population.

A "1 in 200,000,000" game repeatedly played by enough people for a long enough timeframe will produce a lot of winners (you have one "0" too much in your example).

That's all I wrote.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
4x0=0 and all, but isn't this thread about the one-tier lower uniques and how much more accessible they're going to be? You can talk about "chances of winning the lottery" all you want in the relevant thread, but it's kind of a dickish move to come into a thread that's specifically not talking about lottery-level item and bring that up.

I've dropped several T2 uniques over my career, and won't mind seeing many more in the future!
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
4x0=0 and all, but isn't this thread about the one-tier lower uniques and how much more accessible they're going to be? You can talk about "chances of winning the lottery" all you want in the relevant thread, but it's kind of a dickish move to come into a thread that's specifically not talking about lottery-level item and bring that up.

I've dropped several T2 uniques over my career, and won't mind seeing many more in the future!

Exactly, I made this thread to talk about T2 T3 items and divination cards, but I guess most people can't be bothered reading these days.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Sep 4, 2015, 12:04:06 PM
"
jota1500 wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Seriously?

x4 means x4.

so yes 4 x 0 = 0

well written. i like your lottery example. great comparison imo. super rares will still be super rare.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 5, 2015, 9:08:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info