POE for casual gamers

Haven't found any Shavronne's Wrappings or Mjölner so far. I will update you if I ever find one.
"
Now the best items in the game will be worth close to nothing and they're turning this game into a casual noob fest.

Can you consider one second those casual players ( your thread is deeply insulting ) are the one who allow this game to stay alive thanks to their time spent at work instead of profiting ?

This patch is deserved.
Hf :)
OP, I agree with You!
DEV's doing big mistake by boosting drop rates and overall making game more casual friendly!

Casual player, who spend less than 3000 hours should never earn possibility to try some top builds.
Making nearly perfect build should be goal of whole player life and only chosen one could do that!

^^ I believe this is how hardcore players see this game ^^
Last edited by _kerber_ on Sep 3, 2015, 3:42:29 AM
I'm broke now.
I had to buy so many stash tabs to make room for all the Shav'ss, Mjölners and Godesses dropping (and no one wants to buy them anymore), I don't know how I can pay for food, now. :(

Spoiler
/sarcasm
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
I believe this is how hardcore players see this game

Novadays many people consider beeing HC cause they spent more time on a game than others wich is not the original definition.

HC players in good old times was the one able to beat a game faster than others and in a brilliant way.

Things changed game industry leaded these two letters to create an army of fashion victims proud to claim they were spending time and then were HC players.

The gap is big between generations.
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 3, 2015, 3:48:45 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
I believe this is how hardcore players see this game

Novadays many people consider beeing HC cause they spent more time on a game than others wich is not the original definition.

HC players in good old times was the one able to beat a game faster than others and in a brilliant way.

Things changed game industry leaded these two letters to create an army of fashion victims proud to claim they were spending time and then were HC players.

The gap is big between generations.

Indeed,

I can spend 24/7 watching the grass grow ... not very hardcore in my opinion.Add an ants nest,nudity and a sweet sticky substance into the equation and things start to get a little more interesting.

=P
"
It's bad that I immediately thought 'opium', isn't it?

Opium ? what is opium ? Is this a new unique item ? :D

Yeah ok i should take the door now =======> []
"
"
HighTime wrote:

Keep making updates for casual gamers who don't give a damn (and by the way don't give you dime) while your real supporters stop buying supporter packs.

You really stepped in it with that one, youngun.

Logic. You're about to get a faceful of it. Get the tissues ready -- whether for said logic or the tears, I don't really care.

Casual gamers don't play as much or as intensely as hardcore gamers. Why? USUALLY because they have other things going on in their life. Let's assume one of those things is this little thing we call 'work'. When people 'work', they make 'money'. They then use this 'money' to support themselves and their loved ones if need be. This can come in the form of necessities, like food and domicile upkeep, but it can also come in the form of entertainment and pleasure. People who 'work' are very happy to put 'money' into things they enjoy. They know it's going to a good cause for them and it makes them feel like their money is not being wasted. The caual gamer supports Path of Exile not because the game does this or that, but simply because they enjoy what it does, what it is, and how it's done.

Hardcore gamers play a lot more than casual gamers. We can assume that this PROBABLY means they don't 'work' as much and, by law of averages, probably don't have as much 'money'. There are, of course, spikes, such as myself, but everyone knows I'm the exception to just about every rule, even the smart ones. So hardcore gamers who care about things like drop rates and trading for hours on end, who take this shit very seriously because let's face it, they don't have much else in their lives to take seriously, especially not 'work', are definitely harder to please and have less 'money'. This means that they're far less apt to support because, well, they have to eat too. On the other hand, they're also far more likely to threaten not to support UNLESS the developers do this or that because, being hardcore gamers with less 'money' because they don't 'work', they have an inflated sense of their own financial clout. What might be a pittance to a casual gamer who 'works' could be a week's food money to a hardcore gamer who doesn't.

Simply put, casual gamers are far more likely to support for superficial/moral reasons and to support more because they HAVE MORE MONEY TO CONTRIBUTE BECAUSE THEY HAVE LIVES THAT INCLUDE WORK WHICH GIVES THEM MONEY. Hardcore gamers, on the other hand, are usually fucking pennypinchers because it's typically impossible to be a hardcore gamer *and* make good money on a regular basis. They're the ones who think their fucking ten or twenty dollars is somehow going to sway GGG into doing what they want. L O fucking L.

Now I'm not saying you don't have a job or a life. Hell, I'm not even saying you're a hardcore gamer. That's all on you. I am saying, however, that to be a 'hardcore gamer' of this game, given the game is already way fucking hardcore from the get-go, you really do need to be in a position where full-time employment isn't very likely...unless all you do is work an 8 hour stint then come home and play PoE for 8 hours a day, in which case I'd think you'd support anyway simply because you'd realise you're getting a pretty sweet deal as far as hours of entertainment vs financial commitment.

I refuse to believe anyone with a job, ongoing financial commitments, family, something resembling a social life and a penchant for oldschool ARPGs would look at PoE and see anything but good value worth supporting. And that right there is your 'casual gamer'.

That's your Diaternals.

This post sums up my thoughts entirely. Thank you.
Last edited by WolvesCreed on Sep 3, 2015, 7:13:33 AM
OP's CPS ("casual" per second) meter: low. Not hardcore enough, 2/10.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
People seem to confuse 4 with 4,000

4 x 0.00000% (rounded down) = 0%

That's the chance you'll get a shav, my casual friend.

Lol, so there will be 40 shavs in circulation instead of 10. Who cares, this doesn't affect 99%+ of the player base and traders will make sure it's still gated behind trade wealth.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info