POE for casual gamers

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
galuf wrote:

??? Are you serious when saying that? Do you understand what x4 means? it will change the whole economy, even if the price of those items doesn't go down because everybody wants those, it will change things a lot. Multiply by 4 or 3.5(because zana) the number of players with T1 items, it snowballs. It's more average clearspeed per player meaning more wealth/hour generated and also more drops. It will have an impact, especially in next league D1 or D2 where there'll be mjols and stuff for sale!

Economy is relative. In other words if drops increase sure you'll sell things for less but you'll also buy things for less too. Its a zero sum game.

I was speaking to it's becoming like D3 mainly though which is laughable. You could literally increase T1 drops 100,000% and it would not be as good as D3 where you're GG in a week all self found.

economy is not a sum zero equation
"
camapngu133 wrote:

Does this make my game easier? Don't think so, still dont have money to build around it. But the feeling is good. You know your game is good when it makes you happy, just like this time.

You don't need romira/voll's devotion + discharge to play Mjolner, double Arc with molten strike works pretty well in a five-link.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
fun fact: this game has MUCH better drop rates than diablo2, it's not even close
(i don't have stats analysis but trust me if you played as much a me you can see it with the naked eye, just think what d2 would be like without duping)
Last edited by 1235 on Sep 5, 2015, 11:01:43 AM
"
1235 wrote:
fun fact: this game has MUCH better drop rates than diablo2, it's not even close
(i don't have stats analysis but trust me if you played as much a me you can see it with the naked eye, just think what d2 would be like without duping)

Maybe a steam chart would do the trick ?
come on now boys and girls, lets all get along in here :)

Ive read or scanned through most of this thread, and honestly I feel like virtually everyone has some valid things to say on both sides.

Heres the thing though, a shavs is no longer the broken item it used to be. A shavs now is probably not even as good as a legacy lightning coil, and lightning coils used to drop so often youd struggle to sell one for 2 chaos back when they were 40% phys to lightning. Shavs is still good but its far more niche, far more balanced, its capable of some very strong builds but so is Coil, Coil is a more universal chest now that Shavs attack builds are no longer utter insanity compared to life builds.

Even with the 4x drop rate, the change of Coil to T1 and the nerf of low life means the game is now harder, essentially, its harder to be as op as we were even with this drop buff. I think the people concerned with the buff have very valid points taken in isolation as general principals but in the current landscape of the game I think theyre not so relevant. Does anyone care about the drop rate of Cloak Of Defiance right now? Its not the game it was. What about the drop rate of Soul Taker? Remember when those things were crazy in demand? Theyre like 5 or 6 exalts now and no one cares because its not really that relevant an item any more, same with Kaoms. Whos using Thunder Fists? Whos using Voltaxic?

Uniques are way more balanced now in general, theyre not these game breaking ridiculous items they used to be and a 4x buff, as much as that sounds a lot, isnt really. We dont have uniques in this game that are powerful enough to warrant the old drop rates any more, theres nothing that overpowered to guard against.
Snorkle
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
come on now boys and girls, lets all get along in here :)

Ive read or scanned through most of this thread, and honestly I feel like virtually everyone has some valid things to say on both sides.

Heres the thing though, a shavs is no longer the broken item it used to be. A shavs now is probably not even as good as a legacy lightning coil, and lightning coils used to drop so often youd struggle to sell one for 2 chaos back when they were 40% phys to lightning. Shavs is still good but its far more niche, far more balanced, its capable of some very strong builds but so is Coil, Coil is a more universal chest now that Shavs attack builds are no longer utter insanity compared to life builds.

Even with the 4x drop rate, the change of Coil to T1 and the nerf of low life means the game is now harder, essentially, its harder to be as op as we were even with this drop buff. I think the people concerned with the buff have very valid points taken in isolation as general principals but in the current landscape of the game I think theyre not so relevant. Does anyone care about the drop rate of Cloak Of Defiance right now? Its not the game it was. What about the drop rate of Soul Taker? Remember when those things were crazy in demand? Theyre like 5 or 6 exalts now and no one cares because its not really that relevant an item any more, same with Kaoms. Whos using Thunder Fists? Whos using Voltaxic?

Uniques are way more balanced now in general, theyre not these game breaking ridiculous items they used to be and a 4x buff, as much as that sounds a lot, isnt really. We dont have uniques in this game that are powerful enough to warrant the old drop rates any more, theres nothing that overpowered to guard against.

I agree completely. Case in point, bought a Mjolner in the new league and it turned out it underperforms severely in comparison to my incinerator :D Could become a real build with a lightning coil and voll's devotion on top of everything I have right now, but that's a steep cost. It'll be 40-50 ex total as compared to another build which performs more than well at about 4 ex total cost.

There still are many excellent uniques, but they don't have as much of an impact as they had before. Right now, active/passive skill choice and general game knowledge and awareness seem to be the single most decisive factor, no contest. Everyone who complains the game is impossible without a ton of cash - no, it is more than possible, but you have to know what you're doing. A more valid concern would be that a large portion of the game (passives, gems and uniques) is ineffective to the point of complete or borderline uselessness.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 6, 2015, 1:53:16 AM
"
"
HighTime wrote:

Don't get me wrong ... I love this game but it will now be as casual as D3 is ... kinda sad. (BTW I don't play D3 because it's too casual)

Then how would you know how casual D3 is?

This game has a LONG fucking way to go down the rabbit hole of streamlining and simplification before it's even within pissing distance of D3's level of casual gamer appeal. I played D3 RoS a bit last night on my ps4 for a lark and holy *fuck* is that game casual. It's too casual for *me*, and that's really saying something.

Stop being knee-jerks, guys. 4 times the increased drop rate for the *rarest uniques in the game* is NOT a drastic step -- you're not going to see The Goddess Bound dropping like candy the way Tipua Kaikohuru did when first introduced. And come on -- as if this isn't an awesomely subtle jab to RichMoney, who wanted his 'trollnjer' to be the only unique gavel found pretty much all the time...

I can just imagine poor Chris sitting there, reading these 'omg increased drop rates, game is too casual!' posts and going 'what the fuck do these people want? First they whinge about the droprates being too tough, now they whinge about the droprates being SLIGHTLY less tough...!'

Fer fuck's sake, people. Get some perspective. Path of Exile is STILL one of the most hardcore, time-greedy, soul-crushingly unfair games on the pc today. Your precious cred as a 'hardcore gamer' is not at jeopardy here.

How do I know? Simple. Tell your non-PoE friends you're really big into this game and then act surprised when they don't know what it is. Then say, 'well it's sort of like Diablo 3' and watch their fucking eyes light up with recognition.

YOU ARE STILL PLAYING A NICHE GAME TOO HARDCORE FOR MOST GAMERS.

Okay? OKAY.

Sheeeeee-it.

Who cares? People need to stop even comparing PoE to D3 we know that. Don't feed. PoE is the best ARPG out there right now but it is fucked. I mean, I love to say I'm not a casual because to be honest it's a bad thing to say you're a "hardcore gamer". I work 60-70 a week and I play this fucking game 40-50. I still have nothing really to show for it in game. Now if I TRADED 40-50 hours a week I would. There is the difference.

The game is anti-fun, unless you enjoy spending all your time trading. They need to fix the fucking trading game, need to up the map drops so you can actually play the game as well. It's bullshit and the main reasons why I've never spent any real money on GGG. I spend tons of money on other games but I will never give GGG another dime. I guess I'm a casual though because I only play 40 hours a week. I don't know what they are thinking to be honest.

Edit: I feel I need to say I have bought some stash tabs a while back
Last edited by WeaponizedSP on Sep 6, 2015, 4:13:23 AM
What're you talking about? Trading simulator? Unless you're a currency masochist or a professional flipper, you don't need to spend over 10 minutes a day doing trade.

I've played about 50-60 hours a week for a year. It like 50-59 hours of mapping and 1 hour of trading. And I still have more than enough currency to fund whatever build I want to play. You guys are exaggerating it.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
What're you talking about? Trading simulator? Unless you're a currency masochist or a professional flipper, you don't need to spend over 10 minutes a day doing trade.

I've played about 50-60 hours a week for a year. It like 50-59 hours of mapping and 1 hour of trading. And I still have more than enough currency to fund whatever build I want to play. You guys are exaggerating it.

You have clearly missed this thread didn't you?

I am lucky, therefore game is fine.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

You have clearly missed this thread didn't you?

I am lucky, therefore game is fine.

Nope, don't want to waste my time on another johnkey thread. Same story, same shit, featured since Ambush.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info