POE for casual gamers

"
raziekeljr wrote:
Not sure how a game can be ruined before you even play the patch--but drama I guess.

This change isn't going to affect casuals like me. I'm just finding more of the same low tier uniques. It will affect the high level MF grinders who run high level maps, not players who can't even get out of 74 map level. Sure maybe a casual will find something better than normal but I really doubt shavs are raining down on 2 hour a day players, the ones still left anyway. So mostly, I see this patch could reward higher level players who haven't had the best of luck and stuck around. What difference does it make to you? A level 85+ finds a T1. So what? Happens all the time does it not? And with map drops the way they have been, that tier of player has also probably dropped so the impact on the economy is what?

I like seeing more loot even if it's the usual crap.
It gives an exile hope.
Apparently, op is more worried about some HC image because he already had some nice RNG.

Hi buddy, read your profile. I also started with a duelist en std back in the day. It was before the shrine/nemesis league. You should try leagues instead of standard. Standard is frustrating and implies mechanics that are unfair for newer players. League economy is way better.
I get this feeling that the complaints are partly motivated by the need of part of the player base to feel superior to others. Stuff like "I have a Mjolnir and you don't.".
hardcore gamer, casual gamer

this thread proves that whatever you label yourself you're still a massive bellend
POE gamer would be a good label.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
HighTime wrote:

Don't get me wrong ... I love this game but it will now be as casual as D3 is ... kinda sad. (BTW I don't play D3 because it's too casual)

bahahahaaaaa. srs? You could buff drop rates 100,000% and drop rate would still be worse than D3.

D3 is a mountain and PoE is a grain of sand drop rate wise. What happens when you multiply a grain of sand x 100,000? you get a rock.

Needless to say 400% is in the noise level. You wont even notice. You didnt find a shavs before and you aint getting one now.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 4, 2015, 8:09:15 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
HighTime wrote:

Needless to say 400% is in the noise level. You wont even notice. You didnt find a shavs before and you aint getting one now.

??? Are you serious when saying that? Do you understand what x4 means? it will change the whole economy, even if the price of those items doesn't go down because everybody wants those, it will change things a lot. Multiply by 4 or 3.5(because zana) the number of players with T1 items, it snowballs. It's more average clearspeed per player meaning more wealth/hour generated and also more drops. It will have an impact, especially in next league D1 or D2 where there'll be mjols and stuff for sale!
"
ghamadvar wrote:
POE gamer would be a good label.

Nailed it.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
galuf wrote:

??? Are you serious when saying that? Do you understand what x4 means? it will change the whole economy, even if the price of those items doesn't go down because everybody wants those, it will change things a lot. Multiply by 4 or 3.5(because zana) the number of players with T1 items, it snowballs. It's more average clearspeed per player meaning more wealth/hour generated and also more drops. It will have an impact, especially in next league D1 or D2 where there'll be mjols and stuff for sale!

Economy is relative. In other words if drops increase sure you'll sell things for less but you'll also buy things for less too. Its a zero sum game.

I was speaking to it's becoming like D3 mainly though which is laughable. You could literally increase T1 drops 100,000% and it would not be as good as D3 where you're GG in a week all self found.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 5, 2015, 1:22:16 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
galuf wrote:

Economy is relative. In other words if drops increase sure you'll sell things for less but you'll also buy things for less too. Its a zero sum game.

I was speaking to it's becoming like D3 mainly though which is laughable. You could literally increase T1 drops 100,000% and it would not be as good as D3 where you're GG in a week all self found.
as
Technically speaking (since most people don't actually play D3 as much as I do) drop rates are just as shitty in D3 as PoE.

The reason why D3 is considered a paradise because all of the massive tools you have have to fix your RNG and the fact almost everything rolls at the top 5% precentile of possible total power to the item. You can reroll any affix you want, reroll the entire item, and change every little thing about it. The game is also just based around set items (which is artifcally boosted to easily drop for everyone)

But that's not the main part, it's the fact they have a monster scaling power system that gives you a fuckload of MF for free.

Imagine someone with GGG 400 IIR and 200% IIQ + culling and potion in PoE in a full party. Imagine you can get that loot just buy setting it to MASTER level in D3 (Highest before torment 1 to 10). Now imagine each person gets their OWN loot and you can share it between your friends/party members (basically 4x loot)

The basic Torment 6 (not even 10 yet) level is %1600mf before factoring in 4x drop from your 3 other party members sharing loot and party bonuses (which is 50% per party member which is multiplicative)

Now farm everyone on normal in D3 without being in a party, it isn't that good.

So yeah if they actually buffed it by 100k% it would in fact drop like rares. A .000001% drop rate x 100k% would mean 0.1% of your drops is a T1 item. That would mean within every single solo farming run without a single mf or party bonuses you have a pretty common chance of getting a T1 item. That means on average every 1000 items that drops on the floor without mf/party/map bonuses = T1 item.

I mean let's not be hyperbolic here.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 5, 2015, 2:06:20 AM

Does this make my game easier? Don't think so, still dont have money to build around it. But the feeling is good. You know your game is good when it makes you happy, just like this time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info