RE unlinking steam account, Dev response requested :)

Hello, I am sorry if this is forbidden but I have read the posting rules and it does not seem to be. I have had many, many issues with Steam lately and I am quite over it; the only reason I have not tried to look into switching to GGG's standalone client sooner is concern over account security. Although the profitability and sheer volume of orb/item selling (RMT) causes me to worry about losing the benefit of the steam account (mainly the fact that my PoE account is pretty much ironclad insofar as it would be nearly impossible for someone to compromise as it stands now; problem is that I can barely access it either) I believe that the danger can be mitigated to a great extent by using some common-sense information security procedures to which I am already accustomed anyhow.

Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible for a developer to unlink my account and for me to then download the standalone client without losing any items/progress. Understand that my account has always been a Steam account from the very beginning; I do not know if this would be a problem. I am seriously considering just abandoning the account and starting from scratch using the regular client if, for one reason or another, it is not possible to simply switch.

I did send an email about this already; I apologize for the duplicate contacts but I really want to play :p and was hoping between this thread and the message I might get a faster response. Of course I will reply to both at some point to at least let whomever is responding know that I am being helped already.

If a dev could reply and perhaps send me a PM soliciting whatever info he or she needs to "get the ball rolling" on this that would be greatly appreciated, thanks and have a nice day!
Disregard, I am very sorry but they have responded to the email much faster than anticipated :p thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info