anybody good with hardware?

Long story short, my last computer overheated and died due to a malfunctioning fan and just having been used for a lot of years. I managed to salvage some parts, including the 3d card. I was gifted a hand me down computer from family.

That computer has motherboard graphics. I had the idea to try and install the 3d card in the new comp since POE is having issues due to invalid calls, shaders not loading correctly, game crashing from that.

So opened it up, plugged in the new 3d card, it fits BUT - it is missing the -what do you call it? power connector plug? to the power supply. It seems there isn't an already existing one in the case anywhere. Guessing I threw out the old one with the dead computer like an idiot.

So do these parts get sold separately anywhere? it's a NVIDIA PNY 7600gs. Trying to contact tech support on their site, wondering if there is another option to get the part. I don't think this computer is worth buying a new card for unless I could get one super cheap. The money would be better off saved for a brand new comp.
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
looks like the card has a connector for a normal power connection every power supply should have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133176
the white thing at the end of the card.

just take one cable from your power supply and plug it in there.

on a general note: it's maybe best to save up for a new pc overall. the card was popular at 2009.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info