GGG office worktime

Hi, I live in a gmt +1 time zone...

The servers crashed this night and were back online less then 20 minutes after the crash occured...
Even a post from Chris on reddit...

Common guys what are the typical GGG office worktime hour (open to close) ?
What is the average work week for you guys 40, 45 or 50 hours?
Spoiler

I heard a rumour that say that in a distant travel someone uncovered some brillant umpa lumpas genius... but they were longing to play for the best AAAARpg and then they follow him to kiwi land (no offense or disrespect meant)

Spoiler

AAA stand for the rating done for country by financial institutions. . And genius ompa are very ver very picky ;)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Its only 4pm here in NZ, the crash happened a couple of hours ago? Maybe around lunch time.

Probably lucky they weren't having a ploughmans down the pub, that's what I'd be doing.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I've been tracking all the times you've been probated, Bambles, and I see a spot between 11.43am and 11.56am that seems to be free of swift punishment.

I'm guessing that the shift change must take place during this time.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 2, 2015, 12:52:49 AM
"
I've been tracking all the times you've been probated, Bambles, and I see a spot between 11.43am and 11.56am that seems to be free of swift punishment.

I'm guessing that the shift change must take place during this time.

Delayed punishment is worse though. The brilliant post where you put that idiot in their place, then the first doubts, "maybe I was a little rougher than necessary", the growing anxiety - "maybe I should edit the post... but this will show weakness! Never!", then a false sense of security, "OK, I would've been probated by now"... and then - BAM! you aren't logged in the forum... "no no no nononon please nono" - the terrible red letters....

:D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
My tablet logs me out automatically so every time I go to swype in some posts (which I shouldn't...), I think I'm on probation. ^_^

You don't trade, you're above such earthly concerns :P

Btw, I just noticed you are incapable of writing a short post because your forum titles expand even one-liners to epic proportions :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 2, 2015, 3:32:02 AM
"
The servers crashed this night and were back online less then 20 minutes after the crash occured...

it's all virtual machines nowadays so it's even easier to reboot a faulty server instance to a save state.

the worst thing is that somebody doing nightshift on ggg hq has to press a button, in the best case a watchdog process does this automatically if the server stopped working.

the only problem is when the item database remains corrupted after the rollback to the last saved state. but i think even then jonathan can login from home and keep rolling (back).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
the reference to the umpa lumpas is so fitting as they kept working endlessly to deliver that sweet juice fry couldn't resist at all. imo the best futurama series ever.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The Support Team has people on 24/7. I'm one of the night shift crew. If something serious happens in the middle of the night, it gets attended to as soon as reasonably possible.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
The support team also probably has some sort of Standard Operation Procedures to quickly fix common problems (restarting servers, freeing server memory etc.).
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info