Path of Exile is better than Torchlight...

I only have time for one game in my life and TL2 looked too cartooney for my taste. I like dark and gritty worlds. Medieval fantasy type stuff like I read when I was a kid. Grim Dawn looks interesting.
Git R Dun!
"
johnKeys wrote:

"I don't like the graphics, therefore the game sucks".
yep sounds about right. let's just ignore one of the best ARPGs out there, simply because "cartoon-ish graphics".
which you can change btw - like anything else - because Mods.

oh and I don't hate D3 because of graphics. I hate it because D3. or rather was D3, because now it's probably worth playing - but I'm still horrified by that thing I spent my money on at release. what a terrible mistake.

Umm k.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I only have time for one game in my life and TL2 looked too cartooney for my taste. I like dark and gritty worlds. Medieval fantasy type stuff like I read when I was a kid. Grim Dawn looks interesting.

You should try it. It's awesome.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
I personnally consider some other games HnS too, as they play roughly the same as looting/progression/scalling goes. For instance to me Warframe and Skyforge are HnS and both very decent, can't stand wf anymore tho but skyforge as the merit to allow me playing with very casual mates with a weekly investment of 5 to 12 hours and it is really f2p, I mean why would you pay for a bugged russian game anyway :). Imho TL and TL2 are both very poor games tbh. Also played a bit of the d3 new season, it beggins to look like something in its own way, but you never know, Blizzard fucked up this game SO much, they may stop in their way lol.
I bought Torchlight 1 and 2, couldn't get into either of them. They were fun for a little bit, but just couldn't keep my interest. I'm also one of those who is turned off by the graphics. Nothing wrong with them, just not my preferred visual style. Regardless, that is not what hindered me from enjoying the game. Just, you know, PoE controls my life pretty much.
I loved TL 1 and 2, but in the long run the graphics (or art style) just... Didn't do it for me.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I consider torchlight a better arpg game than PoE. I hate the art style of the game, but the combat, gameplay. character customization, diversity of areas, monsters, bosses, end game, mods (there is a MMO mod in works), best area randomization in this type of games, unique dungeons (stay in light dungeon is one of the most interesting designed dungeons I played) all make tl2 better arpg game that is very close to d2 (and its not a surprise as it's done by one of the key members of blizzard north).

But the game is not perfect, has a lot of problems (some are fixed with mods, like itemization, character customization), but some are not, and its a shame runic is taking a break from arpg games and not making tl3/expansion.

Its the second best arpg for me, behind diablo 2, while PoE is on third place.

Grim dawn is looking very promising, but its not finished yet.
Last edited by miljan on Sep 2, 2015, 5:58:14 PM
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Its strange, they always said they dont want to compete with d3, especially as they are working on the new game for more than a year now, and d3 was shit back than (not anymore).

But I actually like this answer, as it seems if they gonna do a arpg they will go all out and compete with d3, and that is always good. Competition is best thing ever.

But they where, after they released tl2 saying that they wanted to try something else than arpg as they are making them for the last 20-10 years (some of developers).
I'm reminded of the fuss that came from the Mooginator Detailed Overview thread.

Oh, and the Chicken Sandwich comparison.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info