There seems to be a lost in trust with GGG and Map Boss Rant

So, GGG has made some questionable decisions in the past... i cannot think of them all, but i mean things like, the Minion instability Blink arrow? build, that thing got panic nerfed to shit, -10 to fun.

Nowadays, people are complaining about the RNG gated content, ie. Maps, I myself have had issues with mapping, hence why i gave up on high tier maps and just make a MF build for 68-72 maps... sad, i know, but its better for me to do that, then to try and conquer the flawed map system.

ANYWAY

There seems to be a complete lack of communication between GGG and the playerbase (inb4 yeah but streamers)

it is true that most of the decisions GGG has made were because of streamers apparently (breaking the game), which, then ofcourse, upset alot of people.

So, it appears to me, that GGG has lost a significant amount of faith when it comes to these updates...

From the nerf regarding the Tormented spirits (you know, those AI that are just, terrible.) to the apparently "Gated" RNG that happens now (instead of rares dropping +2 maps, its the bosses) (<--- ill rant a bit more below about that shit)

Most of the streamers nowadays have left PoE and headed to d3, which sort of gives PoE a bad impression (i mean, sure, maybe the streamers are burnt out, but with the current events that are happening, im just gonna assume that they're sick of this shit.)

So... that little rant about Maps... here it goes

Lets have a quick rundown of the bosses that are usually skipped, therefore, make it harder to progress to the next level of maps.

Level 68
- Dunes (The Blacksmith hits fairly hard, even w/o swords, if you dont have enough miti)
- Desert (lol this boss... This boss has more copies of him then Loathe Bane's (i think))
- Dungeon (Brutus just hits hard, and can be annoying)
- Pit (the boss itself can be a bit of a nightmare for melee, because his cyclone hurts, but the main WTF about this boss fight is the horde of enemies that seem a little excessive)

Level 69
- Thicket (this boss has one move that can -3000 you instantly, its kinda avoidable, kinda not, his Rain of Arrow is just, death)
- Sewers (i don't have much issue with this, but, if you get hit with its Chaos spit thing, it will hurt a shitload)

Level 70
- Museum (the Trio from Dominus... the added phys damage is painful... most of my current builds cant do it, but they can do Atziri, like, dafuq)
- Quarry (ive seen some people complain about this boss, maybe because of its ground slam... i do have trouble with that sometimes myself.)

Level 71
- Phantasmagoria (This boss will 1 shot you like nothing else in this game, like, it will kill you irl if it had the ability to.)
- Spider Forest (The Blacksmith again, but he's supercharged with more damage, more life, and well, more laggy leap slams)

Level 72
- Coves (This might be a personal vendetta, but, this boss pisses me off... he has alot of life, and he can hurt :( alot!)
- Graveyard Map (dont get me started...)

Level 73
- Colonnade (Krum... he is the guy you always run past in lunaris temple, but, he is supercharged :()
- Temple (Piety, sure it sounds easy, but when you get hit by her lightning, phew, you're smoked more then Marijuana in America.)

Level 74
- Jungle Valley (nope.avi the boss is stupidly painful)
- Torture Chamber (HAHAHAHA Lazurs and stuff... painful lazurs... and stuff (those totems hurt just as much))
- Labyrinth (Eugh... the boss is so unbalanced that its avoided by almost every build)

Level 75
- Dark Forest (i personally avoid this map because of the devourers that naturally spawn here, aswell as Oak, who, as you know, hates Physical damage, BUT SURE DOES LOVE DISHING IT OUT)
- Orchard (HA)

Level 76 (this is where i stopped, but, im going off pre 2.0 experience)
- Gorge (its a fun map, don't get me wrong, but, the boss :( same as Coves)
- Malformation (I heard it was stupidly impossible to kill piety (act 4 version) and judging from the fights i do when i kill piety in act 4, i sort of get the point)

Level 77
- Necropolis (Merveil again, but... somewhat easier then Graveyard version, not sure how... or why... :/)
- Volcano (Maybe someone can fill this in? this is a maybe map)

Level 78
- Academy (This boss's spinning books thing hurts)
- Crematorium (Anyone call for insta-rekt? coz, you will get insta-rekt, and if you die, and come back, youll get rekt with no firestorm animation, coz, REASONS!)

The rest i havent had experience with, or heard about... so, maybe someone can contribute

Anyway, thats about it... so, in conclusion

People are upset at GGG's Changes to the game, and they have every right to be, however, GGG are doing what the can, but, the lack of communication is what is wrong at the moment.

Bosses in maps are overtuned and need to be refined in order to do this, none of this RNG gated bullshit, GGG, start listening to the community, we know you read the feedback, but there is a lack of reply

PS: Rachel_GGG, well done with replying to some of the threads in this General Discussion, good job!

PPS: What does PPS even stand for!?

Fin.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Anyone playing a MF toon has no rights to complain about one shot. I have not ever been one shotted until palace dom and I play like 4500 hp glass cannons most of the time and those were avoidable. Damage is trivial for my incinerate tank. 6K HP, LC , 100% fire res when flasked, taste of hate etc. You have options is my point and usually MF is not one conducive to high maps.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 1, 2015, 2:06:39 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Anyone playing a MF toon has no rights to complain about one shot. I have not ever been one shotted until palace dom and I play like 4500 hp glass cannons and those were avoidable.
Damage is trivial for my incinerate tank. 6K HP, LC , 100% fire res when flasked, taste of hate etc. You have options is my point and usually MF is not one conducive to high maps.

My MF toon has 4.2k life, all resistances are capped, 8.7k armour, it has fortify up constantly, 3 endurance charges from leapslam stun end, it rarely gets one shot, im not talking about myself in this thread, im talking about the majority.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Each boss tends to have an avoidable mechanic that allows you to defeat it pretty painlessly. I don't have any issues with the boss design for most maps, though I will agree that the trio in the Museum and the Desert boss could use some tweaks.

I don't think you should be able to take any build into any map and just rinse/repeat. That takes away from the fun in mapping. You should have to plan out the map individually and use your brain.

Labyrinth Boss - bring single target or find a way to destroy corpses.
Graveyard Boss - bring flasks that give you immunity to freeze and recharge on crit or fill faster.

Etc. There are ways around these mechanics, you just have to be smart about it. That's GOOD design imo.

PS: PS means Post Script. PPS means Post-Post Script.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Sep 1, 2015, 2:24:21 PM
Im pretty sure u missed some maps on that list. For example, there are few more 68 maps, im sure. Tropical Island, Crypt, Grotto, Dunes. In 69 Arcade and some other shit. Lots of maps missed, not a good work.
"
Im pretty sure u missed some maps on that list. For example, there are few more 68 maps, im sure. Tropical Island, Crypt, Grotto, Dunes. In 69 Arcade and some other shit. Lots of maps missed, not a good work.

I was talking about the maps that people avoid, most people run those maps... do you even read?

agree about Quarry.

faced and beat this boss with my Arc Witch on the weekend.
wouldn't stand a chance as melee, or without using my beloved Summon Skeletons totem.

I still can't really explain what happened, but when he got to a certain percent life - the place just exploded with Blue Mines monsters.
tracking through a hell of lantern guys and Chaos Golems, plus one giant nasty mother*** who rains "Chaos Storm" on your head (and ground-slams if you get too close), all in an area that's barely big enough to be a level 1 Hideout...
not sure how that's fair.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
"

I was talking about the maps that people avoid, most people run those maps... do you even read?

Im confused. U have Dunes on your list. And Pit. And Quarry, Coves, Graveyard, thicket, Sewers, Spider Forest, Temple... u sure u didnt just try to list all the maps in poe? Surely seems so.
I guess my dual totem matches up well against most those maps you listed.

Of all the maps you listed the only ones I avoid are Desert because fuck all those mirrored spawns, not insanely difficult just annoying. Phantasmagoria because yes the boss is over tuned and has killed me super quick, not 1 shot but 1 lightning blast thing and a corpse explosion wiped me out. Colonnade because the rain makes me lag, soon will not be a problem because I am building a new PC from the ground up in the next few days(my current PC is over 8 years old. :S )

The only times I have problems with any of the other maps is when I roll hard mods on them and don't feel like wasting the chaos to reroll them for more favourable mods. I'm talking multiple bosses, vulnerability, extra elemental damages and that type of thing. I play a caster character pretty much always so I am assuming you're speaking from the perspective of melee.

As far as your point about streamers going to D3, never watched them and don't really care to start. I imagine they are going over to D3 because they just dropped a new patch. I tried out the D3 patch for 2 days and got really bored and came back to PoE.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
i find it funny how people on forums confuse majority and minority on daily bases. also percents seem hard, like typing 99,99% of playerbase when meaning me and my 3 buddies and few other people maybe
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info