GGG forums suck.

I am not saying it is as easy as it looks. However, some things could be easily solved (like posting on other forums rather than this one). Furthermore, with making 8 figures a year and having what, like 40 employees or so, they should be able to do better. And as I said, its a question of focus. They focus on bringing out new stuff, but the existing stuff is pretty buggy, both the forum and the game itself.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
Most of these points are correct. However, they are also pretty obvious. How do you think, are GGG completely fucking blind and clueless or are they well aware of these issues?

Is there a possible explanation for them being aware and still doing nothing about it?

I don't know but in part they seem to be aware of it and do nothing about it even though it would be simple. They could post here rather than on reddit, for example. Would that be more difficult (or is the forum here so bad that it would actually be more difficult?)?

Besides, the forum is pretty bad, yes. Not even just the content, but also some features are lacking. There is free forum software out there that does these things better, and I know a few free forums not backed by any company that technically work much better.

As for the comment "there are other problems" - this is true. The result should be that they stop introducing new content and start fixing the issues with the game.

GGG are operating under strict constraints. They have a limited number of employees and limited money to pay them. What's more, their income is irregular and insecure - I'm pretty certain it varies wildly depending on the state of the game. Their employees, however, have to be paid regularly and steadily. They also have a certain work capacity. I don't know a lot about it, but I've always had the impression they work hard. Harder than I work at my job, in fact.

All listed problems require time and effort to solve, some of them - more time and effort than you could guess. Everything seems easy to a layperson, but I assure you - this forum generates a tremendous amount of work and nothing is as easy and simple as it looks.

sup chris ! what you doing ?

joking aside. you do realize they just moved in a brand new office ? they are a firm like any other and have a lot of expenses however they also get some revenue....
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Char1983 wrote:
I am not saying it is as easy as it looks. However, some things could be easily solved (like posting on other forums rather than this one). Furthermore, with making 8 figures a year and having what, like 40 employees or so, they should be able to do better. And as I said, its a question of focus. They focus on bringing out new stuff, but the existing stuff is pretty buggy, both the forum and the game itself.

If I were a dev, I wouldn't want to touch the forum with a long stick. The amount of bile and vileness shoveled at them in the forum is astounding. I am well aware of that and yet I've also contributed from time to time.

Also, I'm not saying they are infallible or should never be criticised, just pointing out a readily available and reasonable explanation.

@azamantes: I'm pretty sure GGG would've taken actions to remedy most of the listed problems if it was reasonably possible. I doubt they want their product to have flaws. The feedback section should, of course, point them out...

But a less aggressive and accusatory manner would probably be a great idea.

Imagine you get an order with an awful deadline. You do your best and complete the work on time. Your work, of course, is far from flawless but it is decent. Then the client becomes enraged and starts shouting at you, spittle flying in the air, how your work "sucks" and is "shit" and you're a moron and wtf were you thinking. How would you feel? Because that's exactly the way I see the feedback forum.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 1, 2015, 10:49:16 AM
I agree that the structure of these forums aren't optimal.

To me it seems that people from standard league, warbands league and tempest league are playing 3 different games, but discuss through the same platform. This makes meaningful dialogue and discussion harder - if not nearly impossible.

Also one of the core ideas in this game is to have a class-less system. It is ironic that builds are structured around classes then. Remove all class forums. Make "ranged", "spellcaster", "melee", "hybrid", "summoner" sub-forums for permanent league builds and temporary league builds.

Overall if GGG were to cut the number of subforums in half it would be a big step forwards for this community.
"
Bars wrote:
Also, I'm not saying they are infallible or should never be criticised, just pointing out a readily available and reasonable explanation.

OK, what is the readily available and reasonable explanation for the fact that about the HNC bug last night, there was a post on reddit but not here?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

OK, what is the readily available and reasonable explanation for the fact that about the HNC bug last night, there was a post on reddit but not here?

See my edit. I tend to edit my posts heavily, sorry about that. Chris had a post about this in Reddit. He said that he has a pretty thick skin and he's still affected by the extreme rudeness of most users here, and some other devs don't have such a thick skin and are deeply affected by some of the hurtful comments.

We rarely think about them as actual people with feelings, more like this faceless entity that must obey all our wishes (even though they are conflicting) and never make any mistakes, and... you get the picture.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 1, 2015, 10:55:26 AM
"
sym wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
The day the game is fully perfect, maybe it will time to focus on the forums. For now, it's waste of time. We really don't need more than that.

We don't need a proper channel for discussing the game, that isn't on some external site? Are you out of your mind dude? Stop trying to justify this shitty action (or inaction, depending on how you look at it).

We need, that's why there are those forums. They are not perfect but they do exist. Do we really need more ? Not convinced. I play more the game than the forum, personnaly, I do prefer that GGG invest more in the game than there. And on what I would change first in the forum, it's to ban all whiners that polute everything. This thread included.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Please keep in mind, there still is no post anywhere on these forums, nor any acknowledgment whatsoever that they basically bricked hundreds of maps with their error.

I'm not stupid enough to ask for any kind of compensation, but I am very curious to hear the reasoning behind replying there immediately after it got fixed while not even mentioning it here.
Ok.
Why not just use reddit or wraeclast.net?

I feel that GGG wants this forum to mainly be a place for them to post big announcements, race season info and as a hub for the trade forums.

If folks are disillusioned with the moderation, why not simply go where there's less of it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info