GGG forums suck.

I'm posting in feedback so don't move it for no reason. This is feedback and it belongs here.

- Seems like moderation is out of sync and archaic

- Probation for literally random things.

- Moderation that pushes people AWAY from forums.

- Badly organised

- "General" isn't actually general because if it mentions something specific it'll go to that specific forum despite having an overarching general theme/idea.

- Bad system where last post bumps to top

- Bad layout

- Lots of posting bugs (duplicate submission, delete your submission, y,z item not found (TELL ME WHICH FUCKING ONE IN THE 50k letter post to list it on poe.trade))

- Unhelpful to navigate around

- Outdated information, https://www.pathofexile.com/item-data for example. The official website for fucks sake.

- Everything is actually hidden when you click on forums.

- Can't choose shortcuts, or favourites, or like, or create a poll on your thread, or have any sort of statistic other than views and replies, the most basic form of forum ever. No preferences to keep which hidden open, or hotkey specifics at top.

- Patch notes are under "HOME" but not "GAME"?

- Can't quick navigate to any "large" forum under the "FORUM" Drop down.

- Search is pretty much useless

- Character limits for trade shops, archaic system as well.

- No live chat rooms or chats between players.

- No forum events or benefits, No incentive to use forums.

- Inability to post embedded videos for build guides. No html5 support (webm)

[Removed by Support]

Probably a lot more, i used to like the forums alright but over time they've deteriorated severely in terms of both functionality and participation.

The new changes lost a lot of people participating on forums, myself included. I've been looking around a little more lately but the system is just so ancient compared to reddit, which isn't even specific to Path of Exile. The wiki has better information, poe.db has more accurate and indept information than this entire website combined. [Removed by Support]

The passive tree is outclassed so severely by a 3rd party app that almost no one even uses the official tree anymore.

The trade forums should be renamed to 3rd trade site listing area. You don't trade in trade forums, you don't buy/nor sell in trade forums. You only use it to use a 3rd party trade system.

Other 3rd party websites even calculate your DPS for you, list affixes and the possible rolls, show you the ilevels and specifics.

All in all, the forum and website is completely outclassed by 3rd party websites/software and that's not a good thing for the OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

P.S I reckon the new forum changes turned the forums into a poorer state that it has even been in.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 10:12:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I already posted for the item section, it's really embarassing to see it SO outdated...
You're going to get trashed by fanboys/donators probably, but you're easily correct on most of these points. I am especially starting to get fucking disgusted by the lack of interaction on this forum, and then what makes it worse is that it feels like they use the subreddit to respond to stuff more than they use this board.

With some exception, it seems like most of what gets posted here is just patch notes and fluff, and not actual interaction between the players and the staff.

It's beyond retarded that to get up-to-date information about what's going on (like that HNC violation thing last night) it seems like we're expected to pay attention to a third party's discussion board, instead of, you know, the official forums. I posted a legitimate issue (that is now confirmed to be getting fixed) a month ago and it wasn't until someone made a thread on reddit about a week ago, concerning the issue, that someone from GGG actually addressed it.

It honestly feels like they're not even fucking paying attention and this behavior is becoming extremely hard to defend.
Last edited by sym on Sep 1, 2015, 9:59:59 AM
The day the game is fully perfect, maybe it will time to focus on the forums. For now, it's waste of time. We really don't need more than that.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
The day the game is fully perfect, maybe it will time to focus on the forums. For now, it's waste of time. We really don't need more than that.

We don't need a proper channel for discussing the game, that isn't on some external site? Are you out of your mind dude? Stop trying to justify this shitty action (or inaction, depending on how you look at it).
Last edited by sym on Sep 1, 2015, 10:02:24 AM
Most of these points are correct. However, they are also pretty obvious. How do you think, are GGG completely fucking blind and clueless or are they well aware of these issues?

Is there a possible explanation for them being aware and still doing nothing about it?

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
Most of these points are correct. However, they are also pretty obvious. How do you think, are GGG completely fucking blind and clueless or are they well aware of these issues?

Is there a possible explanation for them being aware and still doing nothing about it?

I don't know but in part they seem to be aware of it and do nothing about it even though it would be simple. They could post here rather than on reddit, for example. Would that be more difficult (or is the forum here so bad that it would actually be more difficult?)?

Besides, the forum is pretty bad, yes. Not even just the content, but also some features are lacking. There is free forum software out there that does these things better, and I know a few free forums not backed by any company that technically work much better.

As for the comment "there are other problems" - this is true. The result should be that they stop introducing new content and start fixing the issues with the game.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Completely mobile unfriendly as rest of the poe webpage.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
Malone wrote:

Let's see, it took 2yrs from "Open Beta" to Act4 release. GGG plans 10 Acts, so that's another "12'ish" years (if GGG lasts that long). So you're proposing the forums are just fine until then? Really? And people wonder what's wrong with the GGG forums...
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I don't know but in part they seem to be aware of it and do nothing about it even though it would be simple. They could post here rather than on reddit, for example. Would that be more difficult (or is the forum here so bad that it would actually be more difficult?)?

Besides, the forum is pretty bad, yes. Not even just the content, but also some features are lacking. There is free forum software out there that does these things better, and I know a few free forums not backed by any company that technically work much better.

As for the comment "there are other problems" - this is true. The result should be that they stop introducing new content and start fixing the issues with the game.

GGG are operating under strict constraints. They have a limited number of employees and limited money to pay them. What's more, their income is irregular and insecure - I'm pretty certain it varies wildly depending on the state of the game. Their employees, however, have to be paid regularly and steadily. They also have a certain work capacity. I don't know a lot about it, but I've always had the impression they work hard. Harder than I work at my job, in fact.

All listed problems require time and effort to solve, some of them - more time and effort than you could guess. Everything seems easy to a layperson, but I assure you - this forum generates a tremendous amount of work and nothing is as easy and simple as it looks.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 1, 2015, 10:31:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info