Connecting to SG whenever zoning into towns

I'm located in Aus but as the title says, whenever I zone into town (eg Highgate, Sarn etc) it connects me to SG and not AU. Putting aside the jump from 30-150ms, it's not a game play inhibiting occurrence as any other area is not affected. I'm just wondering if this is a known development, if it's intended, temporary or permanent and if there are others that are experiencing the same thing.

Not sure if it's relevant but I'm with Optus Cable internet.
Happening to me too.

I'm with Internode, from Tasmania.
I'm getting the same issue located in NZ.

Whenever I select the Australia gateway at the log in screen, it will connect to Singapore in town.

However same as OP, any other instances I create seem to connect to Australia.
Yes, this does seem to be happening for some reason.

I will investigate as to why and update this thread when I know more. Thanks for letting us know!
It looks like this may have been precipitated by a unexpected network outage we experienced on the Australian realm around 09:20 NZST today.

The game will prefer to place you in the same town as you've entered before. You can force it to put you into a town on the Australian Realm by exiting town and CTRL clicking a either a waypoint node, or town entry portal and selecting an instance on the Australian Realm.

Edit: There may be a bug here. We will have it investigated.
Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Sep 1, 2015, 7:54:36 PM
Seems to be fix, for me at least.
So far it seems to have been sorted. Thanks for the prompt resolution.
Happening again to me today.

(Should I make a new post?)
More info:

* Only happens with Merciless Highgate.
* Ctrl+click doesn't give the option to create/join Aust instance.

(Also, I can't seem to edit my posts. I get "The resource you are looking for does not exist or has been removed.")
We're aware of this issue and are looking into it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info