HNC Protocol Violated

Well there goes my Malachai fight... awesome, gotta fight those 3 buddies again.
They must have named the hamster "HNC Protocol." Poor little guy's having a hard night.

(I'm down with the same error.)
I am getting this error as I enter Act 3 Cruel. Can't progress since I get it when I enter the zone prior to the city.
i joined a corrupted map, now its happening to me too. login > error > crash > login..
This happens 100% of the time when loaing a character after login. Someone dun goofed!

In my office, build breaks / major regressions are atoned via boxes of donuts for rest of the team. The guilty party cannot partake - they must watch all the precious goodies that they bought get eaten. It's a surprisingly effective deterrent!
Last edited by GrumpyOldMan73 on Aug 31, 2015, 11:40:37 PM
Both me and a friend of mine are getting this as well upon entering a Gorge map.

What is HNC Protocol? Can some GGG explain what this error means?
Also creating new instance seems to solve this problem.
IGN: MankoBanzai | FatherOfRaiden | CemeteryOnMarch
Playtime: 19:00-00:00 GMT+3 (Russian standart time)
Just got this while trying to enter a Volcano Map.

Yeah... this might be a tipping point for me. I already lose ~5% of my maps from the "one portal disconnect" thing, now I have to guess what maps I can run too LOL

Come on, GGG.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
the zone is a non issue. this happened to right after I killed brut on normal (tempest) HNC popped up, clicked ok, runtime error blah blah blah

been playin this game for a long time, never seen this before..
Thank goodness its not just me. Getting the "HNC Protocol Violated" error and the event logs show:

Faulting application name: PathOfExileSteam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55e3c388
Faulting module name: wrap_oal.dll, version: 2.2.0.7, time stamp: 0x4b04488c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00048441
Faulting process id: 0x214c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0e46692c55546
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\wrap_oal.dll
Report Id: 5c470e07-874b-41da-b0bb-4605e8d9c594
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I don't know if its related, but nVidia just updated my Windows 10 drivers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info