Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

"
Surprising and not unwelcome.
IGN: Aux
So far im finding cards next to impossible to complete, except the super common ones like rare jewelry, gambler etc, its kinda annoying.

Shavs and mjälnör arent that great items, they dont make "powerful endgame build" on their own. Need other top tier gear to go with shavs for example and didnt you nerf Blood Rage to the ground so low life is kinda shit atm? Only cheap budget builds are worth playing imo, no need to waste hundrets of hours for gear.

As far as builds go, please stop killing build diversity with each big patch! It`s making me turn away from PoE. No excuses, shush!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Bingo.

Good change.

YAY !
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
Super excited about unique drop rate increase!
i wouldn't have announced that but rather stealth buffed these drops as it raises unwarranted expectations which will result in even more disappointment.

looking at me i think most casual temp league players in poe which aren't playing the trading game very often, accepted that they realistically will never find these items.

and trading for these items doesn't really make sense for that group because at the time one has accumulated the amount of whealth to afford these items, the temp league is mostly over.

of course there are other groups...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 1, 2015, 5:33:42 AM
ye i found 2 shavs with 0% rarity anyways. but this is a cool change for temp leagues!
Last edited by KiLLzOrl on Sep 1, 2015, 5:12:16 AM
very nice. looks like a buff for casuals like me! thanks GGG. Now I need to upgrade my computer for that mojlner lol
Finally... damn that was needed!

"
"While we like the fact that those builds take massive effort to complete, it was probably too much. Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth."

3000 hours into the game and I have never seen a Kaoms, Shavs, Mjölnir or anything like this drop... even with leagacy mf gear in perma hc... and not a single goldrim since 2.0... that's maybe "unlucky" but I am sick of grinding thousands of hours for alterations and never see something good drop. I hope I now have at least a chance of getting one of these without trading... I hate trading (in generell) but in PoE it's the biggest pain since D2, that's why I refuse to trade except for orbs.

I wish you guys at GGG would discuss such dropchanges (like in 2.0) with the community before you patch frustration into the game. Nevertheless, today seems to be a good day.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
At this rate we'll be Diablo 3 in a few months. This change will just make the desirable item drops too common and will make them uninteresting with time. Who will keep farming like crazy when T1 uniques are below 10 ex?

Just waiting for them to remove the last "dream drop", Mirror of Kalandra.
"
Who will keep farming like crazy when T1 uniques are below 10 ex?

<--- ME! Because farming is fun, not finding anything on the other hand is pure frustration.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info