3 MILLION MAPS per week!?

"
RootCookie wrote:

Same, and I always end up using all 6 portals to loot the map.
I can imagine a lot of people playing solo just for the 6 loot portals and tbh I dont really see the point in playing with a party and losing out on loot for an experiance boost.

You sound like a pretty chill guy to play with. :)

You're a lot like me.

I like you :)
The dumb is strong in this one
"
XRacKS wrote:
doing around 4-6 maps daily... last time i did a public party map was like 2 years ago xD

^ This
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I had no idea we could group in this game.

So that puts all my maps over the past couple years in the private category I guess.
3M sounds right. Lack of public games also makes sense.

More public games would more likely be a of reflection fewer maps being run.

Eg.
6 solo players run 3 maps each over the course of 2 hours for a total of 18 maps ... or 9 maps per hour.

Factor in the group vs solo behavior like whiring (or leaping) around a hideout after you rip in pubs because you don't want to lose your spot in the group. If you're solo, you just pop in a new map.

1. a lot of people dont do open party for their map runs

2. full parties dont show in party tab, And as i remember when i was doing parties for maps it took very short time to get full party
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Kirielis wrote:
4 maps per hour (low estimate) x 24 hours x 7 days = 654 maps per week. I'm doing back of envelope calculations here, so we'll just round that to 600, then divide 3M by it to get 5000. Five thousand maps running simultaneously at any given time across all leagues.

Not such a stretch when you think about it, yeah?

Yes but just who the f'ck no-lifers are playing PoE all day every day? I agree that there could easily be 3 million maps played every week (especially near start of new leagues) but it is insane for GGG to expect the average PoE player to play 40 hrs/week like it was a full time job. A few may do that for awhile but the majority are not and will never play that many hours/week. Last year I was playing around 28 to 30 hours for a couple of months and I thought that was a lot of my life to spend on one form of entertainment. Now with The Awakening nerfs and act 4 power creep and damage spikes without any better drops and nerfed leech I have quit completely. I'm now playing in a 3 party in Season 4 of D3 and happily finding legendaries that make me feel empowered. GGG threw any feeling of empowerment out the windows for the 99.x% with The Awakening's worse playing conditions. Way to ruin PoE GGG! Interest in your grind-fest arpg has been destroyed with version 2.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Edit:

Message to myself:
Don't post online when you're drunk.
The dumb is strong in this one
Last edited by gesichtspalme on Sep 3, 2015, 3:24:59 AM
"
gesichtspalme wrote:

When we played Quake back then we always said that CS was for the people who were too bad to play Quake. Might be the same with PoE and D3.

And you said that while watching Waterworld on your HD-DVD-system while listening to vanilla ice on your zune?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I run more or less 30 maps per day and I do it slowly because I do not like dying for stupidity. 7x30 = 210 maps per week being a slow and lonely player. I think it is perfectly possible for a most outstanding player run more than 600 maps a week... So, what's the problem? The vast majority of people never runs maps publicly...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Sep 4, 2015, 1:39:19 AM
If not for the "PEOPLE" (replace people with appropriate word) clogging the party board with their useless "trading" spam, I would run some party maps. Otherwise, it is simple waste of time.

If you clog party board with trade spam - someone should stab you in the eye with a very hot french fry. : /
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 4, 2015, 2:25:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info