3 MILLION MAPS per week!?

I frequently check the Notifications board and run my own public maps groups. How can it be claimed that there is 3 million maps being run per week, yet there are long periods of time when we are in game that there isn't a single map group posted on the board. Am I to believe that the percentage of players running their maps publicly is in the .000000?% range of the total number of reported (3 million/week) maps being run each week?

There is no comfort in the unfamiliar.
There is no adventure in the familiar.
I may have run a public map once or twice over the years. So that's about my ratio.
I used the notice board once when i had no idea what it was for. Once I figured out it's use, I stopped using it.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
I may have run a public map once or twice over the years. So that's about my ratio.

Same here. And only because I wanted do do something crazy I would never do under normal conditions... :)
You can see posts other than "WTS portal scroll frags 200: 1 EXALT GREAT DEAL GGGGGG!!!!!!!!"?
"
elcypress wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

Same here. And only because I wanted do do something crazy I would never do under normal conditions... :)

Your an animal!

This thread is motivating me to run some low lvl pub maps with the char I am lvling. Can't high maps because they just crash, so why not.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Aug 31, 2015, 3:58:52 PM
"
Masiquer wrote:
I frequently check the Notifications board and run my own public maps groups. How can it be claimed that there is 3 million maps being run per week, yet there are long periods of time when we are in game that there isn't a single map group posted on the board. Am I to believe that the percentage of players running their maps publicly is in the .000000?% range of the total number of reported (3 million/week) maps being run each week?

from a technical point of view it's a problem to even constantly sync 1000 available parties between some 100.000 players. it would take ages and some bandwith (for the server) to load that current list from the server everytime you open the party board.

and i'm not even talking about the usablility of the party board displaying some 1000 entries. and that there are likely more players and parties than i mentioned.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I've never run a map group.

I've never grouped with someone I didn't know personally apart from trading in-town/hideout.

I've never been in a party greater than 3, and one of those was my own other account.
Have 4k hours ingame, never run a public map group.

What kind of players do such crazy stuff and why?
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Public parties are kind of dead; there are so many store parties that they're pushing each other off the public board. A single person can just macro disband-create-description to keep refreshing their shop, but it's seriously a lot of work for a party leader to do that just to get a 10 second window where someone might join the party.

IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info