Crown of Eyes

Just curious, Does Spell crit and spell crit multi effect attacks damage when using crown of eyes?
"
Increases and Reductions to Spell Damage also apply to Attacks

Only Spell Damage, no crit/crit multi.
I'm atleast pretty sure about it.
No, just what it says - increases and reductions to spell damage, no crit bonuses, no multipliers.
At least nothing is omitted, even Elemental Dominion at witch start will apply its 'spell elemental damage' bonus as 'attack elemental damage'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 31, 2015, 2:32:55 PM
"
raics wrote:
No, just what it says - increases and reductions to spell damage, no crit bonuses, no multipliers.
At least nothing is omitted, even Elemental Dominion at witch start will apply its 'spell elemental damage' bonus as 'attack elemental damage'.

"
Coe wrote:
Increases and Reductions to Spell Damage also apply to Attacks
TL;DR:
Does that include 'flat spell damage'?
Spoiler
Does that refer ONLY to '+(x)% Increased Spell Damage' & '+(x)% Reduced Spell Damage',
OR
does it also include 'flat spell damage' from Items, Aura's, and Heralds?

The cause of my uncertainty is the phrase 'Increases and Reductions' being in the plural form.
(Is there a difference in THIS context between 'Increases' and 'Increased', 'Reductions' and 'Reduced'?)

While,
the (almost always)explicit PoE vernacular has me lean towards '+/- flat spell damage' not being included as it does not explicitly mention the words 'Increased' or 'Reduced,

the words; 'Increases' and 'Reductions'(in the languages of English and Math) are in the category of 'magnitude changes', which can be brought about by both '+/- percentage' and '+/- integer' modifications.

My uncertainty would not exist if the modifier text on 'Crown of Eyes' read something like:
"
Increased Spell Damage modifiers also apply to Attacks
Reduced Spell Damage modifiers also apply to Attacks
"
or
"
Increased Spell Damage and Reduced Spell Damage modifiers also apply to Attacks
"
or
"
Increased and Reduced Spell Damage modifiers also apply to Attacks
"
Thank you for your time.
~atless
"
atless wrote:

~atless

Nope. Flat spell damage mod on weapons is neither a "increased" or "reduced" modifier, so Crown of Eyes will have no interaction with it.
Spoiler
"
"
atless wrote:
~atless
Nope. Flat spell damage mod on weapons is neither a "increased" or "reduced" modifier, so Crown of Eyes will have no interaction with it.
Hey thanks for the input. Makes sense.

I see a 'new' way to make CoE quite powerful...
;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info