Divinity Original Sin 2 KICKSTARTER!

"

History is not going to look kindly on where these crowd-fund project sites are going. The level of abuse of goodwill is phenomenal.

Two words: Star Citizen

They're selling ships for hundreds of dollars in a pay to win model, and people are expecting them to deliver an epic game for the hundred million or so the game is expected to raise. Every, single, trollish bone in my body is going to giggle with excitement if that turns out to be one of the biggest flops in history. But if the game lives up to the hype then you'll see me with a noobcrusher vessel ready to tax noobs for "protection" - mafia style. Or maybe I'll buy a ship with a lifetime insurance, and go kamikaze on random unsuspecting vessels. I heard there is a waiting period, but certain days will be kamikaze days.

Divinity OS was overrated as hell. Too many freaking hipsters giving small developers more credit than they deserve in reality, just because they're a small developer.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 1, 2015, 1:24:23 PM
The thing about their kickstarter is that they made enough money to make the base game, and they were going to make the game no matter what. They wen't to kickstarter to gauge interest and to add more to the game than they could have normally. I'm expecting this game to be utterly massive, and i am fine with donating a moderate sum of money to see this game become possibly one of the best Isometric RPGs of its time. Div:OS was pretty good, but not a masterpeice, I am giving them good faith to make this one the great game it can be and it seemd that there are many many people who agree with me. I see kickstarter as a place where devs can share what they want want with their game and make it a community effort. It is abusable, but Larian has shown they know what they are doing and I am willing to trust them.

They are a lot like GGG in how they are operating, but they are doing it with a B2P instead of a F2P. They want to make the game they want. They want to make it this grand, beautiful game that will surpass it predecessor in every way. They didn't make enough to make it a great as they want to, so they tested the waters of KS to see if people would be willing to help them make an even better game. The answer is an overwhelming yes. You can not compare Larian to these people who use kickstarter as a "project starter" as they are already reputable and are a moderate sized dev company. They will lose more than a few indie devs if they fuck up.

Im rambling and I'm at work so I dont have the time to proof-read and make sure it all makes sense. Already took me 1 1/2 hours to type this so I apologize if it's confusing or if I didn't quite get the point across.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:
The thing about their kickstarter is that they made enough money to make the base game, and they were going to make the game no matter what. They wen't to kickstarter to gauge interest and to add more to the game than they could have normally.

And to get more money than they would have otherwise. I don't fault them for that - they are clear about what they are offering, there are many people willing to give them money, and it may even make the game better for me when I buy it after it's released. But it does smell of greed.

"
Look, I enjoyed DOS for what it was. the combat was beautifully realised and Wretch and I REALLY need to get back to it -- if we ever stop fucking playing this damn bastard of an addiction, that is.

Wait for the Enhanced Edition. It will be a free update and will, in theory, improve the base game in a number of ways.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Two words: Star Citizen

They're selling ships for hundreds of dollars in a pay to win model, and people are expecting them to deliver an epic game for the hundred million or so the game is expected to raise. Every, single, trollish bone in my body is going to giggle with excitement if that turns out to be one of the biggest flops in history.

I think it cannot possibly flop, depending of how you define that. Not making money for the developers? It already did, I doubt very much they have invested all that money back in the game. If the game sells only 100.000 units but Chris Roberts ends with more than enough money to retire and go live comfortably in the Bahamas, now, that would't be a flop, would it?

If you define "flop" as in receiving a Metacritic score of 2.5, I think Star Citizen will flop. Hard.
Last edited by Erasculio on Sep 6, 2015, 8:57:29 AM
i stil playing divine divinity and beyond divinity :/
my english sux.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Too many freaking hipsters giving small developers more credit than they deserve in reality, just because they're a small developer.

Or you know...Game was actually good and many people loved it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info