Crafting 6 socket

My highest characters are a 53 witch and a 50 ranger - so i'm pretty new to crafting and all the possibilities.

So, i'm looking for some feedback these items and if it's worth anything or if there is any way to make them better. (other than using fusings and hoping for 6L) My guess is items are too low level to even bother....

Thanks!

Vendor them for the jeweler orbs and be on your way; all garbage.
You are expected to vendor them because that 7 jewellers orb reward for selling 6 sockets is actually the main way players make money in this game.
Not only are they low level, they're useless anyway. Here are a few relevant tips:

- 6-socket items vend for 7 jewelers. This will account for a decent proportion of your total income in the endgame.

- A non-unique 5L is not inherently that valuable except early in new leagues, as 5L drops are not that rare.

- Rare chest armour in general is not valuable. The mod pool on chest armour is quite small, meaning that good ones are relatively easy to find. There are also many strong unique chests, and generally builds will want to use one of these. The exceptions are rare chests with very high ES, as these fill a niche not occupied by any unique. About the limit of non-master crafting that you want to do on a chest is to chaos an already-linked one with bad mods a few times to get something decent.

- Weapon crafting, on the other hand, is worthwhile. That said, it is quite an involved process and even basic crafting is reasonably expensive (I would estimate that each decent bow I've crafted has cost me 1-2 ex in mixed currency on the mods alone). It's also strictly inefficient not to start with a high ilvl white item, and you want that item to be a desirable base (not only high level, but with a valuable implicit or high attack speed).

I hope that makes some sense.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 31, 2015, 2:36:52 AM
Thanks all!

And thanks for the explanation, viper - it makes sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info