Merciless - advice

Level 71 Marauder - 4kLife with 370Regen, 5.8kDef - 18kDef with Granite and MS, 6-6.5KDPS with Rally Cry.
Molten Strike: Melee Phys, Added Fire, Fortify and Multistrike.
CwDT: Flammability, Molten Shell and Punishment. (With Punishment do I get the increased mods or do the cursed targets? Abit confusing...)
Vengeance: Fast Attacks, Melee Physical and Added Fire.
Auras: HoA and Vitality.
Decoy Totem.

I'm still dying quite a lot, mostly to rare mobs. Just now I went into Koams and encountered one of those ghosted dragons - (not Triskeriaki, but I've yet to likely die dozens to it lol.) Aurora Cultist, Powerful Crits, More Phys Damage to allies, Fire and Cold Resists. The ally that it has, the little centipede looking thing, can one shot me. I killed it after 3-4 times dying.

I treat standard as if I was playing HC because that's the level I want to be at. It's hard to imagine the knowledge to not die in HC Merciless.

Anything I can do to increase my survivability?

Thanks.
Just to check... are you capped on all your res?:)
- Cap resist
- use enduring cry selfcast
- link lgoh/life leech to vengeance
- drop punishment for enfeeble or warlords mark
- If you want to avoid dying at all costs, avoid dangerous mobs(this is tough doe)
You need LL or LoH for melee. Some way to regen or you're toast. Use elemental flasks accordingly, they are probably worth more than granites. I'd use enfeeble with CDWT, even at level 5, it provides a 23% debuff. That's enormous! You're armor can only take you so far. Even at 90%, it's not as godly as it looks on paper.

Get more life and mobility. If you can't leech life, then you can't tank and that means a hit and run strategy. Bring a golem, they provide a buff but also give the enemy another target. Just invaluable. Use Vaal Summon Skeletons. Brings forth an army and at high level with proper support gems, can solo some mid 70 bosses. Best gem in the game for hard fights. Kaom's palace is actually fairly hard.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Aug 30, 2015, 6:36:29 PM
"
Varkorium wrote:
Just to check... are you capped on all your res?:)

60% Fire
75% Cold
62% Lightening
-35% Chaos (not even a problem)

"
Cap resist
- use enduring cry selfcast
- link lgoh/life leech to vengeance
- drop punishment for enfeeble or warlords mark
- If you want to avoid dying at all costs, avoid dangerous mobs(this is tough doe)

Thanks I might just run a more "fleeing" build.
"
You need LL or LoH for melee. Some way to regen or you're toast. Use elemental flasks accordingly, they are probably worth more than granites. I'd use enfeeble with CDWT, even at level 5, it provides a 23% debuff. That's enormous! You're armor can only take you so far. Even at 90%, it's not as godly as it looks on paper.

Get more life and mobility. If you can't leech life, then you can't tank and that means a hit and run strategy. Bring a golem, they provide a buff but also give the enemy another target. Just invaluable. Use Vaal Summon Skeletons. Brings forth an army and at high level with proper support gems, can solo some mid 70 bosses. Best gem in the game for hard fights. Kaom's palace is actually fairly hard.

Yeah LL didn't even seem like an option, probably is now thanks and will use enfeeble.

as a marauder in mercyless you need at least 50 to 70 life on every piece of your gear you have.
and try putting quality back on your gear when you're done with socket rolling and linking.

life leech gem is a must on your single target attack or life gain on hit on your aoe attack.

and as mareak already said: you don't have to fight every monster you see. especially if you have low armor, those small and fast hits from these dragons or "titty bitches" can be a pita for survival.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 30, 2015, 6:45:00 PM
"
vio wrote:
as a marauder in mercyless you need at least 50 to 70 life on every piece of your gear you have.
and try putting quality back on your gear when you're done with socket rolling and linking.

I have thought about that, would probably be on 5-6k life now. Expensive though? Yeah have done that.
"
DRBrown994 wrote:
I have thought about that, would probably be on 5-6k life now. Expensive though?

as melee char any item without a good life roll is a no go. some are so good with other stats that it's worth to take a compromise and master craft life on it.

if you know players who have higher masters it's a good idea to ask them to caft it for you.

the fastest way into the game is getting friends and/or join a guild. most guilds have no lifers who share endgame items you can use.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 30, 2015, 6:49:40 PM
Best advice? Don't Die!

That aside, never underestimate the mitigation power of endurance charges!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info