[2.1] Sutters_ | 130.5k DPS - Crit EK Chain - Jewel build

You can go to reddit and read comments and my responses to them: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3j2tbe/sutters_955k_dps_crit_ek_chain_jewel_build/
For your information, this build is not heavy gear required, but my tree is setup after I hit level 100.
By saying this build is not heavy gear required, you can run Tabula Rasa or any other 6L chest whatever suits you, instead of Lightning Coil. You can use a Surgeons granite flask instead of Taste of Hate and use anything really instead of Maligaros. Jewels arent required to be insane, just pick around 3-4 jewels up with max life and 2 damage mods on them and the rest of them just 2-3 damage mods on them.
I leveled up without using chain gem, but added fire damage instead. I realized after Leppas told me that I should try out chain, that it just felt so much better playing with chain.
The numbers you read below is with good endgame gear.
With this build I have so far done core, and I am working on uber. I have only had one attempt at uber, which was back in level 94. I have changed my build a lot since then, so I will eventually take a second try and do much better.

NEW PASSIVE TREE FOR 2.1 - This is the "DPS" tree, there are plenty of options to get more health
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAx4EBwW1DlwPxBa_GYoajRqPG8gfQSLqI_Yk_SaVKjgtHy2oL28wcTB8NZI2PTfUOkI7fEGWRX5KyEt4TLNNklBCUUdSKVM1VUtVxlXgWFpaUlsmX7Bh4mKsavpsjG1sbqpvO2-ecFJwu3X9dwd4DXvDf8Z_-4MJg9uEb4TFhxOJ04w2jX2Nv4_6kyeVIJcGm12btZyknaqhL6KjqJqus7GQtUi18rfWuMq5k7vjvoC-isAawcXB88MJwzrEospKz93QH9D11CPUQti92RPbWd2o51TndOjW62Pr9ewY7T_v6_GK8h3yl_ba-wn-uv_e

Most of my damage comes from the 10 jewels I got in my tree.

For mapping and stuff like that I go with 2 green, 2 red, 2 blue colors on my chest.
R - Blood Magic
R - Life Leech
B - Spell Echo
B - Faster Casting
G - Chain
G - Ethereal Knives

As descriped in the thread title I got 109.4k DPS with EK with just auras standing in my hideout.
Fully buffed solo with my chain setup I reach 274k DPS with EK. I can keep this up for around 11 seconds. This is with 4 Power charges, 3 Frenzy charges, Vaal Haste, Taste of Hate and Atziri's Promise popped.
For boss fights such as Dominus in Palace map and Piety in Shrine I usually switch out chain with added cold damage.

For heavy singletarget setup I recolor my chest to have 3 Red sockets, 2 blues and 1 green:
R - Blood Magic
R - Life Leech
R - Added Fire Damage (Level 4 empower should be better)
B - Spell Echo
B - Faster Casting
G - Ethereal Knives

With this gem setup I can solo buffed reach 474k DPS with Ethereal Knives. This is 4 Power charges, 3 Frenzy charges, Vaal Haste, Taste of Hate and Atziri's Promise popped. This 474k DPS I can keep up for around 11 seconds.

For jewels you should aim to get Max life on 3 maybe 4 of them, and rest either double crit multiplier (Spell crit multi and global crit multi) and dualwield cast speed and dualwield spell damage. These jewels are the best in slot, so anything looking alike should definitely work out aswell.

My choice of items for this build:
Note that I recently changed from wands to daggers because I got Maligaros.

Spoiler

My Flask setup:

Spoiler

I run Topaz flask mostly because of Lightning Coil, and it helps in general vs lightning dmg.
I swap out the topaz flask with the Ruby flask before bosses such as Kaom in Abyss(82 map) and the Excavation bosses (80 map).

My Jewels:

Spoiler

My skilltree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAx4EBwW1BiMOXA_EFr8ZihqNGo8byB9BIuoj9iT9JpUqCyo4LR8tqC9vMHEwfDWSNj031DpCO3xBlkV-SVFKyEt4TLNNklBCUUdSKVM1VUtVxlXgWFpaUlsmX7Bh4mKsavpsjG1sbqpvO2-ecFJwu3cHeA17w3_Gf_uDCYPbhMWHE4w2jX2Nv4_6kyeVIJcGm12btZyknaqhL6KjqJqus7GQtUi18rfWuMq5k7vjvoC-isAawcXB88MJwzrEospKz93QH9D11CPYvdkT21ndqOdU53To1uv17BjtP-_r8NXxivId8pfz6vba-wn-uv_e

Leveling Passive tree:
Around the 30-35 first nodes should go into:

The next portion of nodes you should put into your passive tree:
You can feel free to take more nodes down in the Scion health wheel if you feel like it.

The last session of points you should spent before going for the most obvious things in the tree:

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal: Oak (40 life)
Cruel: Alira (5% Cast speed) because it scales better than physical damage from Oak
Merciless: Alira (1 Max Power Charge) 50% crit chance why not?

Remember to pick vaal pact, I dont have that picked up because of the gloves I am wearing, which has the same effect just when I crit.

I have armour gear even though I got phase acrobatics, because I need some physical reduction against physical reflect.

I got 4.8k health, around 72.4% crit chance with power charges.
I run Anger, Hatred and Herald of Ash since I hit 100, I dont really care about survivability. Before I hit level 100 I always ran Hatred, Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice and Arctic Armour, I switched out both of the Heralds for Purity of Lightning in Elemental Weakness maps and for bosses such as Piety in Shrine. For bosses as Kaom in Abyss (82 map), Excavation bosses (80 map) and basically all fire bosses I swapped out both the Heralds for purity of fire.

Video of me doing a lvl 80 Excavation map and boss included. (Few lags now and then because of bad computer)

A video of me swapping out my 6L Lightning Coil with the only Tabula Rasa I had laying around which is +1 to gems (2ex ish), Atziri's Acuity got swapped out with my old pair of gloves which are nothing special and Taste of Hate swapped with a Granite flask. At the boss I had some incredible lagspikes, so the way I play at that moment is not the way I would have normally played it, not even with my original gear. Its a level 80 Wasteland map where Voll is the boss.

@Suiters
Last edited by Lukasqwe on Dec 16, 2015, 4:51:45 PM
I have 14 chaos 3 gcp's 21 chance orbs and a few alts/augs... Can I do this build ?
49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch
Most likely not.
@Suiters
Jewels updated, flasks updated - tell me if you want me to add anything to the build/"guide"
@Suiters
I would love to see a video of EK + Chain in action actually. One of the reasons I don't like playing EK is the feeling of the spell and it seems to me that Chain really changes that, so I may end up trying it !
"
Vadler wrote:
I would love to see a video of EK + Chain in action actually. One of the reasons I don't like playing EK is the feeling of the spell and it seems to me that Chain really changes that, so I may end up trying it !

I will put up a video as soon as possible.
@Suiters
Picture of my tooltip updated, video will be coming up within 1 hour.
@Suiters
"
Vadler wrote:

Video is now uploaded of me doing a quick level 80 Excavation map!
@Suiters
Should i level with the jewelsockets or should i transfer into it later on?
"
totL wrote:
Should i level with the jewelsockets or should i transfer into it later on?

It depends if you have the jewels ready to put in as you take the jewel slots. But its up to you really.
@Suiters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info