Best SRS 6L Combination

Hi All

I want to ask about best SRS 6 gem combination.
For maping and for single boss.

I play SRS Scion.

I use +3 staff with:

SRS 21/20
Empower4
Spell Echo 20/20
Multistrike 20/20
Melee Physical Dmg 20/20
Melee Splash 20/20

Thx for advice
For single target boss remove splash and put on minion damage.
Color problem with that change. Added fire maybe?
Do you really need melee splash? I'd use minion damage
If wiki is correct:

In order of preference:

Spell Echo to give more Spirits
Minion Damage
Added Chaos Damage
Multistrike
Empower depending on level, but since it takes so long to level, it's probably the last one on your 6 link anyways
(if you don't have a leveled Empower)

Added Fire Damage or Melee Splash (Melee Splash may turn out better due to mitigation on the mobs)

It's an interesting read: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Srs
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
i asked this question too and no reply

nobody uses added chaos by the way

on a +3 staff i'd say spell echo and empower for sure, minion damage and melee phyisical damage are probably the next best 2 and now it's between culling strike, multistrike or melee damage on full life, not sure which one's the best

in a pledge of hands empower might not be the best choice since you don't get the bonus +1 from the staff
"
Flute_de_Pan wrote:
Color problem with that change. Added fire maybe?

Use minion damage instead of melee phys. Swap splash (or whatever) for melee phys or added fire for single target.
"
rondanashu wrote:
If wiki is correct:

In order of preference:

Spell Echo to give more Spirits
Minion Damage
Added Chaos Damage
Multistrike
Empower depending on level, but since it takes so long to level, it's probably the last one on your 6 link anyways
(if you don't have a leveled Empower)

Added Fire Damage or Melee Splash (Melee Splash may turn out better due to mitigation on the mobs)

It's an interesting read: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Srs
Wiki seems wrong regarding damage conversion and physical multiplier, for this particular case of SRS:
"
Melee Splash and Melee Physical Damage gives 57% and 49% more physical damage, but since it is after conversion, you only go from 269% (sum of all damage types, including the node increases) to 337% and 329% of the base roll.
This is false for what I know. Melee physical will affect the whole damage, converted portion included.
Also I don't know where this 57% more on melee splash come from. iirc, it was 57% *increased* damage before 2.0, which is very different.

As for added chaos, at lvl 20 it's 170–256, but we must apply 70% effectiveness, ie. 119-179, which is still huge compared to SRS damage on wiki, if they are correct.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Aug 30, 2015, 11:06:42 AM
Definitely use Minion Damage over Melee Phys - or both!

Minion Damage has gotten an immense buff in 2.0 which makes it superior to Melee Phys for summons. While both will give the same numerical bonus of 49% more damage on lvl 20, minion damage has a lower mana multiplier and also applies to all forms of damage, not only physical.
Now, for the base damage of the SRS this makes no difference (still get the lower mana cost though) but the benefit of MD is that it would also scale your chaos damage if you use the support gem.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Aug 30, 2015, 4:07:03 PM
THX Mates I will test it in next days and I will write what is better suit me ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info