Daresso Arena Crash [solved]

I've tried 6 times to enter what I guess is the final battle with Daresso and the game crashes. I am running a 32 bit system so I have it on the "gc-2" setup. I am used to the game crashing after a couple maps, but this area is especially annoying, clearing all those trash mobs over and over just to fail to load.

Can you put a way point there or something? I've tried leaving a portal open just by the entrance, but after I crash and reload the portal is gone.

I ran a packet check last week and everything was fine. I can try again to see if something got messed up in the last update. The error says something about trouble loading various aspects for the class of Daresso. I am playing a shadow.

* I used the defragmentation tool and tried again. Still no luck. Mapchunk view Error code 8. The first number exceeds the second one when talking about offset? Guess I can't complete this area without upgrading to 64bit OS.

SOLUTION

*** I stumbled onto this post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/1405292 describing a fix to Mapchunk errors. I tried it and it actually worked. Incredible. In short, the fix was this:

"Windows Vista or later
Open the command prompt (cmd.exe) with administrative privileges Enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072" and hit enter. Restart your computer"
Last edited by Shuks on Aug 30, 2015, 1:50:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info