OK Fck Defence - I'm goin all out life. Mad?

So I don't play with endurance charges and bought a cheap 38% 5L belly.

Duelwieding Duelist Molten strike in the 5L

Armour nodes don't give me a lot and since I have no shield, feel armour night be a waste of time

So going for 5-6k life

Is this mad?

Seems like armour nodes doesn't give me a lot.

Doing good with 13k Dmg at 68

3680 life + capped resists.

I just wondered if this will give me trouble late game?

tyvm

Speaking from HC i would say yes, you need defences. I have over 6k life, 7k armor w/o granite/molten, 7 end, fort., 76/75/75/-37. Those are my base defenses which I tweek depending on bosses and I still feel squishy.

You will be fine through low-mid maps np
I have no shield tho - are endurance charges mandatory?
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
I have no shield tho - are endurance charges mandatory?

yes. melee without endurance charges is newborn baby.
I wouldn't say any one particular thing is mandatory. But endC are easy to come by and very powerful

Also add 400+ regen to my defenses. I consider that mitigation/sec ;)
I have 8k life with no kaom's, and a very modest defence. 40% damage reduction from armour without flasks, 21%block and 15%spell block.

I do just fine in high maps on HC at this time.

Explosive arrow marauder
May as well go for CI instead if all you care about is a giant pool of life with low mitigation. It's far easier to get a gigantic ES pool than life from my experience, and it lets you run lots of cool flasks instead of worrying about life flasks.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Aug 28, 2015, 3:38:48 PM
"
hayze420 wrote:
I have 8k life with no kaom's, and a very modest defence. 40% damage reduction from armour without flasks, 21%block and 15%spell block.

I do just fine in high maps on HC at this time.

Explosive arrow marauder

I don't know that defenses for EA are directly comparable to melee :). Nice life pool!

Edit: prior to 2.0 i saw some nice builds(TM) rocking high es, regen, and leech with little else. 20K+ es though
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Aug 28, 2015, 3:52:37 PM
Your mileage may significantly vary based on skills you use and playstyle. Nowadays I'm running a fairly squishy comk cycloner which can't really afford advanced defenses nor a lot of life. So, 4,5k life, 5 endurance charges and fortify, which roughly boost my ehp to 7k versus physical damage, also a bit of evasion, vanilla 25% block and 4-5% of regen.

The verdict is it wouldn't be nearly enough if the char just stood there in melee and took blows, rares can be handled but strong blue packs can slap you silly in mid maps above if you can't destroy them before they surround you.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 28, 2015, 4:06:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info