[2.1] "Bill the Butcher" Bino Reaver by fiqst

"
DarqKiller wrote:
Hey man, first of all thanks for sharing this awesome build! (nice damage u got there!)

EDIT: (that´s why, for the sake of versatility, am i right? I will leave the question anyway =))
"
There are no specific weapon nodes so any 1h weapon will suffice.

I would like ask one thing, why did u go all the way to that Disemboweling (+% crit chance to melee and some mult), and didnt go to some nodes near the shadow start, those dagger nodes.
(I can see that u took lots of good things while going up to that Disemboweling, but it seems a bit far to me)

To illustrate what am trying to say, here is a link (barely optimized cuz I was just connecting things)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAAYB3AUtBX0FtQ2NDdEOSBGWEdUV7BX2FqoWvyLqI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDWSNj031DpCPdFDMUcGR35KfUt4TP9Nkk3jTipRR1VLV5dbr2BBYeJieWKsY0NjcGVNbAhsjG1sbztwUnBWdO1343gNfeOE2Yd2jDaNfY2_kBuZK5oTnaqjiqZXpn-pbqxmsbO0xbVItfK5Hbk-vTa9gb6nwBrBScLsyNzKkNQj2HbYvdrB29Tb592o45_nVOd06NbtP-1B7g7xivLh8-r8xf4d_o__3g==

Thanks for ur time sharing the build and answering ppl question.

HF and GL!

yes for versatility as a starting character. Also, for the STR nodes and regen nodes.

The dagger nodes are great but you spend a lot of pints on semi-useful nodes like 3x "6%dmg+8%acc". Points that are better spent on life

I compared your tree to mine and i get 800 more life and about 23% more damage in the OfflineSkillTree app using the same equipment.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"

yes for versatility as a starting character. Also, for the STR nodes and regen nodes.

The dagger nodes are great but you spend a lot of pints on semi-useful nodes like 3x "6%dmg+8%acc". Points that are better spent on life

I compared your tree to mine and i get 800 more life and about 23% more damage in the OfflineSkillTree app using the same equipment.

hmm got it. the versatility is something to consider, heavily.

I tried to optimize it a bit. (not final, and y.. the life is going to be missed)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAAYB3AUtBX0FtQ2NDdEOSBGWEdUV7BX2FqoWvyLqI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1VLlMwcTB8NZI2PTfUOkI90UMxRwZHfkp9S3hM_02STeNOKlFHVUtXl1uvXfJei2BBYeJieWKsY0NjcGVNZ4BsjG1sbbRvO3BScFZw1XTtd-N4DXrvfeODvYTZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5AbmSuaE52qo4qmV6Z_qAepbqxmsbO1SLXyuR25Pr02vYG-p8AawUnI3MqQ02_UI9h22L3awdvU3ajjn-aI51TndOjW7T_tQe4O8uHz6vzF_h3-j__e

let me ask you a question, when u take those '+% melee phys to one handed weapon', even using DW it counts?

and why put into % life regen (ik it helps a lot when leveling) if u use bino's ?!

thanks again! (leveling this build right now!)

EDIT: look also for this 'Deadly Dilettante' node! one DEX point away, near King of the Hill
Last edited by DarqKiller on Sep 21, 2015, 1:59:29 AM
"
DarqKiller wrote:

let me ask you a question, when u take those '+% melee phys to one handed weapon', even using DW it counts?

Yes they work when dual wielding

"
DarqKiller wrote:

and why put into % life regen (ik it helps a lot when leveling) if u use bino's ?!

Useful to counteract degen from blood rage. I don't degen from br at all.

"
DarqKiller wrote:

EDIT: look also for this 'Deadly Dilettante' node! one DEX point away, near King of the Hill

When i plot a tree, i like to calculate things like dps per node, life per node, crit per node, etc.

So looking at deadly dilettante, which needs 4 nodes, gives

+10 dex
+4% attack speed
+25% crit chance
+24% inc phys

I then look at what 4 nodes can be better spent elsewhere. Usually, 4 nodes can be better spent for 2 jewel slots.

So take the Fencing cluster (which i also didn't take):

4 nodes
+3% attack speed
+12% accuracy
+40% crit chance
+24% inc phys

So for 4 nodes, deadly dilettante is second to fencing and shouldn't be taken.

hmm i got it! thanks for the heads up!
Thanks again for yet another awesome guide!!!

Is it possible to get a link for your loot filter? - it looks quite nice :)

With regards!
"
Fathervic wrote:

With regards!

thanks mate

i use several loot filters for different farming goals so i wont link them here, but i made them all myself and its pretty easy to make your own with this app:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3bwson/introducing_filtration_a_path_of_exile_item/

"
fiqst wrote:
"
Fathervic wrote:

With regards!

thanks mate

i use several loot filters for different farming goals so i wont link them here, but i made them all myself and its pretty easy to make your own with this app:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3bwson/introducing_filtration_a_path_of_exile_item/

Many thanks!
Awesome guide!! Enjoying this build big time
Last edited by mp08 on Sep 30, 2015, 5:12:59 PM
So I got a great deal on a bino, soul taker and 5link daresso today. And I'm going to start this build soon. I'm just wondering.. You say using soul taker made make it so we can utilize 100% mana for an additional aura. But in your gem setup you don't list another. Also doesn't curse on hit linked to HoT use additional reservation?
"
So I got a great deal on a bino, soul taker and 5link daresso today. And I'm going to start this build soon. I'm just wondering.. You say using soul taker made make it so we can utilize 100% mana for an additional aura. But in your gem setup you don't list another. Also doesn't curse on hit linked to HoT use additional reservation?

Curse on hit doesn't have a mana multiplier so it's stays at 25%, no matter how many curses you connect to it.

The extra 25% is used for arctic armour, which gives great physical and fire defence while standing still, and reave is a skill that you spend a lot of time standing still.

But i only use arctic armor on my pure defence setup to tackle higher tier maps, but if clearspeed is needed, i suggest another herald.

A great setup I've used before is:

GBBB
HoT
HoI
CoH
AM

Where both heralds can curse enemies, HoT for close targets and HoI for the offscreen targets outside of HoT range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info