[2.1] "Bill the Butcher" Bino Reaver by fiqst

I will try it when I get home. Thanks so much for the response!
I was doing a Binos\Aegis Aurora Ghost Reaver Zealots Oath build, but last night i spent all my currency buying regrets and respeccing into this and could only afford a Lavianga's Widsom for offhand atm.

My gear currently looks like this (look away from the gemsetup, sold my chromes as well):

Apart from the uniques my gear is selffound. My progression plan is getting a Doryani's Catalyst and switching out my boots with some comparable EV boot, then work on switching out my rings with Diamond Rings and finally getting a Death's Oath, Taste of Hate and a better Abyssus. Open for other suggestions.

Also, I was wondering why you chose Herald of Thunder instead of Herald of Ice for CoH. HoI is quite defensive as well, but I speculate that you went with HoT for higher damage considering the Phys to lightning gem.
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Sep 13, 2015, 9:37:51 AM
"
7thDayTheory wrote:

Also, I was wondering why you chose Herald of Thunder instead of Herald of Ice for CoH. HoI is quite defensive as well, but I speculate that you went with HoT for higher damage considering the Phys to lightning gem.

I went for HoT over HoI for the better cursing performance and the synergy with P2L+WED.

HoI requires that you kill the first mob and the curse spreads around to the other mobs. I find that the AoE of the spread is low and i have trouble maintaining max power charges.

HoT is more consistant and will always curse the first mob within range. The automatic looting of breakables is a bonus.

There is also lightning damage to consider. If you look at the stats:

6352 avg total
3650 avg lightning

more than 50% of damage output is lightning. P2L+WED+HoT+Catalyst is pretty potent at shocking most content, adding to dps and clearspeed.

In your case, i'd drop P2L for inc AoE and use HoI to curse. For reave, its AoE over dps for better clearspeed

HoT is not ideal if you don't use P2L, your chance of shocking is lowered and you might get better cursing performance from HoI
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Sep 13, 2015, 9:59:55 AM
have to say you are doing very impressive damage considering how cheap the whole thing is and reave's range/dps keeps you safe congrats very nice build, i want to make this character now
Last edited by 1235 on Sep 13, 2015, 11:29:04 AM
This is the endgame version:

The 1M dps screen made with conc effect instead of Inc aoe.

Bino is used for its massive regen properties, on top of the insta-leech from acuity. This combination might rival a mjolner+kingsguard for tankiness (maybe not).

Ill make a survivalist version next
Last edited by fiqst on Sep 18, 2015, 5:32:39 AM
Very nice build. I really enjoy playing it.
I m playing as a shadow and I’m currently lv 80.
The remaining tree points will be allocated on scion wheel life nodes.
Was wondering which will be more beneficial points to spend next.
Get 3 more frenzy charges or acuity and depth perception nodes?
I currently have 79% chance to hit without golem and buffs and this worries me.
Do you also think that replacing Abyssus with Rat’s Nest is mandatory for higher tier maps?
Also which gems should I prioritize to get quality first.
Here’s my passive tree and gear:

Spoiler

PS. Yep, i ll switch hatred with vaal haste on CwDT setup.
Thanks mate!

I'd go depth perception. Accuracy affects not only chance to hit but your crit performance also, crits perform a second check on accuracy. I'd also think about upgrading jewelry with accuracy mods, though your amulet is beastly.

Abyssus vs rat's nest:

I find that the dps of RN is enough that there isn't much difference in clearspeed. Most mobs die in the same number of hits anyway, only Bosses take slightly longer.

For my own piece of mind, i prefer to use only the rat's nest, LC and AA in 78+ maps. It may or may not be safer considering death can occur with any setup, but better to be safe than sorry.

The only problem i find is the loss of atrributes when i drop Abyssus and i need a ring with some int on it.

If you have spare GCP, 20% the reave and p2l. The others can just use the recipe when they're ready.

Cheers and glhf

"
fiqst wrote:
This is the endgame version:

The 1M dps screen made with conc effect instead of Inc aoe.

Bino is used for its massive regen properties, on top of the insta-leech from acuity. This combination might rival a mjolner+kingsguard for tankiness (maybe not).

Ill make a survivalist version next

Nice to see those numbers with a loath bane since im most likely going to get one myself, but i'll probably be using a shield and rats nest. Wanna go for at least level 95 finally.
Ugh effort
included an "Endgame Survivalist" version:

Endgame Survivalist

- Uses Rat's Nest instead of Abyssus
- Uses Lightning Coil instead of Daresso
- Uses Soul Taker to reserve 100%
- AA for even more mitigation

I use this version specifically for 78+ maps, the dps is still outstanding for all situations and the added facetank abilities of LC+AA allows more aggressive gameplay.

Hey man, first of all thanks for sharing this awesome build! (nice damage u got there!)

EDIT: (that´s why, for the sake of versatility, am i right? I will leave the question anyway =))
"
There are no specific weapon nodes so any 1h weapon will suffice.

I would like ask one thing, why did u go all the way to that Disemboweling (+% crit chance to melee and some mult), and didnt go to some nodes near the shadow start, those dagger nodes.
(I can see that u took lots of good things while going up to that Disemboweling, but it seems a bit far to me)

To illustrate what am trying to say, here is a link (barely optimized cuz I was just connecting things)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAAYB3AUtBX0FtQ2NDdEOSBGWEdUV7BX2FqoWvyLqI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDWSNj031DpCPdFDMUcGR35KfUt4TP9Nkk3jTipRR1VLV5dbr2BBYeJieWKsY0NjcGVNbAhsjG1sbztwUnBWdO1343gNfeOE2Yd2jDaNfY2_kBuZK5oTnaqjiqZXpn-pbqxmsbO0xbVItfK5Hbk-vTa9gb6nwBrBScLsyNzKkNQj2HbYvdrB29Tb592o45_nVOd06NbtP-1B7g7xivLh8-r8xf4d_o__3g==

Thanks for ur time sharing the build and answering ppl question.

HF and GL!
Last edited by DarqKiller on Sep 21, 2015, 12:14:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info