Warbands: Help us update their locations => help yourself with the challenges

TL;DR: Check out http://nembibi.com/warbands/, and if you like it, help fill it with accurate information by joining global 710. Also join global 710 if you want to share the kills of chaos warband members for the challenge.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

As those of you that play in Warbands probably know, it's really tough to even find one of the last 8 warbands generals for the challenge. Part of the reason for that is that they only spawn in maps that are "Cleansed by the Mutewind", "Captured by the Brinerot" or "Conquered by the Redblade", and you need to check for yourself if a map falls under one of these categories. And this changes every 60 minutes, but not on the hour, so if you're slow at getting the information, you don't get to use it very well either.

For this reason, a community started to work on sharing that information (and, originally, worked hard on understanding how the warbands worked exactly). You can join us in the "/global 710" in-game chat.

I quickly decided that it'd be better to have a way to easily visualize that information, rather than scroll back up in chat to check manually what has been reported and what hasn't, so I worked on making a website for that. BF_Hellion joined me after a week or so and we worked together in making the website as cool as we could. It's now working really well, but unfortunately, it's slowly dying because people who knew about it start getting their challenges done and leaving warbands, which means they don't report their information anymore.

What do you gain: If you want to do maps with a lot of warbands, just check http://nembibi.com/warbands/ and do the blinking maps with full border. Check the (?) FAQ on the top-right of the website for more information.

How do I help?: Right when you enter a map, check the warbands inside the map by looking at its mods (top-right of your screen under your minimap, you might need to press "Tab"). If there are warbands in it, the last mod will be something like "Mutewind Trackers" or "Captured by the Brinerot". Type "/global 710" to join our global chat, and report the name of the map followed by the status of the warbands in it (for instance, "Grotto: Mutewind Trackers"). The website will instantly update the information for that map as you type it in global 710. You can also check out the (?) button on the top-right of http://nembibi.com/warbands/ for more info on reporting warbands.

People also use global 710 to share the kill credits for the rare warband members that are required for the challenge (sometimes asking for a tip, sometimes not), which is an additional benefit if you're looking for the challenges or if you want to share yours (either because you're nice or because it might get you some sweet chaos orbs).

Anyway, yeah, please help us keep the information flowing fast. A week or two ago, it took less than 30 minutes after a reset to get the status of all the maps lower than ~77, plus some reports above. Let's get back to that kind of activity, it benefits everyone who's looking for the warbands.
Also, if anyone from GGG sees this, here are the few things that would make developing similar websites easier:

- It'd be great if there were entries in the chat log telling parsers something like "Logged in on Warbands league", and "Joined global 710" to track the current league and channel. I don't know where you guys want to go in the future with the warbands system, but the Q&A said you will not completely remove them. If that means that a website similar to the one we currently have is still helpful, then unless the information for the warbands' location is the same on all leagues, we'll have no way to ensure that people running the parsers are updating the league that the are actually playing.

- Well, that's unless you work on the API to know if a player is online. If it tells me which league the player is currently on, then it's fine.

- Maybe it'd be a privacy issue, I'm not really sure, but it would have been helpful to have a way to look up the account name (or ID) of a player given his character name (or, even better, have the ID of the account along with the character name in each chat log entry, but that'd change the log's format and probably mess up with some existing tools).
This is awesome, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info