I'm drunk but.....

This is one of the reasons why I loathe playing on PC...

"DirectX 9 because of the Windows XP users"

Thanks for making things worse slackers. Upgrade/downgrade your PCs. PLEASE. Gonna have to anyways cause DX12 is quite literally a game changer.

/drunkrantoff
According to steam, XP users are less than 3% of steam population. I'd be curious to see if this translates well to PoE.

Btw, upgrading from D3D9 to D3D11 was already a fair amount of work. Upgrading from 11 to 12 is even more. The paradigm change is sensibly more important.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Aug 28, 2015, 4:35:24 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
This is one of the reasons why I loathe playing on PC...

"DirectX 9 because of the Windows XP users"

Thanks for making things worse slackers. Upgrade/downgrade your PCs. PLEASE. Gonna have to anyways cause DX12 is quite literally a game changer.

/drunkrantoff

It's really a poor excuse from Chris and nothing more. Even Microsoft doesn't support XP anymore.

And PoE will never be dx12, dx11 maybe, but 12? Nope.
The smart thing to do is actually to code for OpenGL and you have covered all the platforms.

If OpenGL is good for ID Tech 4/5/6 (Doom 3 / Rage / Doom 4), Withcer 3..., it's good for Grinding Gear Games :)

Anyway, rather than porting to DX12 they should spend their time optimizing the current engine. The graphics looks good enough, they are just badly optimized.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
OpenGL is a developer hell, but you're right, it exists on all platforms.
Agree on last point.
Vulkan strong. I really hope it catches on. At least Source 2 is already compatible with it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Switching from any graphics subsystem to any other is almost always a fairly tough prospect. OpenGL is only development hell if you keep trying to use the bits they are refining. Regardless, graphics are far from a good reason to play a game.

ANGBAND FOR LIFE.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
Switching from any graphics subsystem to any other is almost always a fairly tough prospect. OpenGL is only development hell if you keep trying to use the bits they are refining. Regardless, graphics are far from a good reason to play a game.

ANGBAND FOR LIFE.

Totally agree, for me graphics are just there to tell me what is going on and often if they are too shiny they totally fail at doing this.

But then again a like playing good old doom (although with modern controls :P) because it had way better gameplay than a lot of the modern fps and didn't get sidetracked with stuff that did not involve killing something.

xp is life
my english sux.
Last I heard this game was for hardcore players. Hardcore players don't play on 10 year old tech. Hipsters do.

Since dx9 is considered outdated does that mean PoE is considered a hipster game?
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info