So endless ledge much wow

"
unsane wrote:
"
Also you can't argue that random mobs past the first zone is fun. Why should some players suffer with dischargers/devourers/evangelists while others have it easy with monkeys/bandits/skeletons?

I'll admit that GGG should make Endless Ledge into Fixed Seed Monsters. If someone writes up a thoughtful, provoking, non-inflammatory feedback thread in the style Mors has in the past, i bet they would at least try it. Surely the technology can't be much different than Fixed Seed Maps.

Strongly disagree, that takes the fun out of it.

This is the problem with a lot of super racers, they want everything to be linear and even in the more linear races they cry because their pack luck was bad. One could say they dont care if a racing is exciting or challenging, they care about winning. They care about being number one even if at the cost of race design and enjoyment.

Might as well make a map who is a narrow corridor where everybody starts with the same skills, has the exact same monsters and exact same drops.
There are many a races where the monsters are always the same, those are there to cater to you, no need to destroy the rest.

Reminds me of that past season when some where whinning that there were "too many races" because they couldnt ran them all... What is the problem if there are a lot of races?
variety is good and more races means more opportunities for everybody in each time zone.
But no because a few no-lifes cried that they only got 1k points instead of 3k they could potentially get if they didnt sleep, GGG changed it to less again... *sigh*

Really wish GGG would care more about racing, so we could have more and a good balance for everybody. Instead we get this terrible state.
Anyway, dont even know why write anything, as we all "joke" GGG doesnt read these forums (apart from forum moderators), same conversations going for ages now.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 28, 2015, 8:38:29 PM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
"
Also you can't argue that random mobs past the first zone is fun. Why should some players suffer with dischargers/devourers/evangelists while others have it easy with monkeys/bandits/skeletons?

I'll admit that GGG should make Endless Ledge into Fixed Seed Monsters. If someone writes up a thoughtful, provoking, non-inflammatory feedback thread in the style Mors has in the past, i bet they would at least try it. Surely the technology can't be much different than Fixed Seed Maps.
It's been suggested every season since it was introduced but GGG isn't interested.

Note how i said a thought provoking non-inflammatory thread. Every one of those i've seen (people rarely make them) has been implemented. People make hundreds of thread replies that get seen by GGG, ignored and not implemented. Presumably they like thoughtful threads because it's something engaging that they can print out and point to in internal meetings or link to each other. Throwaway suggestions buried in random threads (no matter how many times they are repeated) are a dime a dozen.

"
Disrupted wrote:
even in the more linear races they cry because their pack luck was bad. One could say they dont care if a racing is exciting or challenging, they care about winning. They care about being number one even if at the cost of race design and enjoyment.

Yeah, i'm well aware even if this idea were implemented, many top racers would just switch to whinging about pack density rng. Nonetheless, the change would have practically no impact on anyone, while making competition better. Better because results from player to player would be faaaaar more comparable with the same monster seed.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Aug 29, 2015, 12:23:24 AM
"
unsane wrote:

"
Disrupted wrote:
even in the more linear races they cry because their pack luck was bad. One could say they dont care if a racing is exciting or challenging, they care about winning. They care about being number one even if at the cost of race design and enjoyment.

Yeah, i'm well aware even if this idea were implemented, many top racers would just switch to whinging about pack density rng. Nonetheless, the change would have practically no impact on anyone, while making competition better. Better because results from player to player would be faaaaar more comparable with the same monster seed.

Well, I dont actually mind that change that much as long as:

for each race the "fixed seed of mobs" is different.

If it becomes always the same thing like descent champions then part of the fun is killed.
I wanna be surprised each race. Make it that way and no complaints from me. I think the race design integrity is pretty much kept that way.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 29, 2015, 9:05:27 AM
"
Disrupted wrote:
If it becomes always the same thing like descent champions then part of the fun is killed.
I wanna be surprised each race. Make it that way and no complaints from me. I think the race design integrity is pretty much kept that way.

Oh, i thought that went without saying, but yeah, using the same monster seed for more than one race is not what i had in mind. Though it would be one way to make an Endless Ledge signature. *runs and hides*
"
unsane wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

Oh, i thought that went without saying, but yeah, using the same monster seed for more than one race is not what i had in mind. Though it would be one way to make an Endless Ledge signature. *runs and hides*

Hmm, a bit thorn on that signature part, though I can see its merit...
How about half a season with one seed, the second part of the season with another one?
Oblivious
Season 13, still getting discharges without lightning resist........
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
noticed a lot of people died when the lag spike hit for endless ledge just now (myself included) D:

Oh well there's always the next race.
"
ZoRoXo wrote:

And people actually like/want to play this race type. Played the first one this season to see if it was any better than before. Died to overtuned act 4 mobs, which I knew would kill me at some point in one of these. Thanks to the few who ruined this season for the many. We appreciate it!
"
And people actually like/want to play this race type. Played the first one this season to see if it was any better than before. Died to overtuned act 4 mobs, which I knew would kill me at some point in one of these.

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Rather than thinking negatively and expecting to die to them (and, unsurprisingly, dying to them in the process), you could try to find ways to survive better, take it slower, etc.

"
Thanks to the few who ruined this season for the many. We appreciate it!

GGG is still waiting for that thoughtful feedback thread with suggestions on how to improve (or why to remove) EL.

A few loud haters complaining but providing nothing constructive makes it seem like "everyone" hates the format, but who knows what the statistical reality is.
Last edited by unsane on Sep 4, 2015, 3:25:03 AM
"
ZoRoXo wrote:

dont worry m9 atleast you didnt play with small life until lvl19. you were released of this poop race early, which is great. im assuming there will be atleast 1-2 firestorm drops every race and those will win always
Last edited by janimauk on Sep 4, 2015, 8:21:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info