So endless ledge much wow

OMGZORZ I CANT WAITZ TO GETZ SOME ACT 4 MOBZ IN MY 2ND ZONEZ SHOULD BE FUNZ. IF I AM SO LUCKIEZ TO MAKE IT THROUGH THERE I CANT WAIT TO USE MY SMALL LIFE FLASKZ UNTIL LVL 16 SHOULD BE SUPERZ.
fuck this retarded game and seasons lmao
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
don't forget the bursts
If there is ANYONE here who likes this race, please tell me why. Serious question cause I personally hate it. Getting points this season is going to be a pain with that taking up 28 of the races. The only saving grace of that race is that you keep your points on death. That should be the norm for all races but that topic is it's own thread.
"
If there is ANYONE here who likes this race, please tell me why. Serious question cause I personally hate it. Getting points this season is going to be a pain with that taking up 28 of the races.

I think that might be your problem right there. Try playing races because you enjoy them, rather than because they are a source of points. Play game formats to enjoy yourself and compete, and you'll find yourself complaining less about things that shouldn't matter to you, because you shouldn't be playing the format in the first place.

Why do i like this race? Because you don't get spoonfed everything you need to succeed. Ain't no recipes here. Small Life Flasks all race? Yup, could happen. You actually have to adapt dramatically to what drops. It's a very high variance format, which makes for unique and extreme situations. Novelty. It's a change from the routine, and this is probably why some people don't like it. You can't just do EL and expect to auto-get your usual X points with your eyes closed, one hand, and no thought.

People like to succeed (positive reinforcement), so it's no surprise that for a race format where it's more difficult to succeed, people complain. A lot. Especially unsurprising since the ARPG genre and PoE have perfected the art of the Skinner box. Practically everything else we do in this game is positively reinforced. EL is a whole lot of negative reinforcement.

Long live Endless Ledge.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
There isn't a single race mode I enjoy since season 7 or so.

"
fuck this retarded game and seasons lmao

0 Pts season or no balls!

"
unsane wrote:
Because you don't get spoonfed everything you need to succeed.

I wouldn't call buying items from vendors or completing vendor recipes being spoonfed. You need to find the currency to buy the items and you need to find the currency/items to complete the recipes. For Descent races, yeah, you are given many items along the way, but the whole point of that is to reduce RNG. Racing is already a large part RNG, we don't need a race that has even more of it. Also you can't argue that random mobs past the first zone is fun. Why should some players suffer with dischargers/devourers/evangelists while others have it easy with monkeys/bandits/skeletons? There is no skill here, all luck. As for me playing for points rather than fun, that's only half true. I try to have fun playing these races but I am not that great at racing. I'm not able to play every single race and I have a goal for each season that I still try to reach. I've reached that goal in every season since I started racing (which was Season 8) except for 9, which bored me so much that I gave up trying then.
jstq is farming some salt YO! haha.

i personally love endless ledge. i did find it strange that there are a lot of burst races, maybe because they dont want races to be too long? but maybe have a 30,40,45 min type races instead?

i personally like that the sig is getting shorter.

"
unsane wrote:

People like to succeed (positive reinforcement), so it's no surprise that for a race format where it's more difficult to succeed, people complain. A lot. Especially unsurprising since the ARPG genre and PoE have perfected the art of the Skinner box. Practically everything else we do in this game is positively reinforced. EL is a whole lot of negative reinforcement.

but, bro, i cant set records and be #1 all the time if i cant only do one strategy, nawmeandawg? just saying, gotta pay rent. one bad zone in endless ledge or no jade ammy from vendor and i gotta resort to stealing bread on the street YO!

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Aug 28, 2015, 11:10:17 AM
"
Also you can't argue that random mobs past the first zone is fun. Why should some players suffer with dischargers/devourers/evangelists while others have it easy with monkeys/bandits/skeletons?

I'll admit that GGG should make Endless Ledge into Fixed Seed Monsters. If someone writes up a thoughtful, provoking, non-inflammatory feedback thread in the style Mors has in the past, i bet they would at least try it. Surely the technology can't be much different than Fixed Seed Maps.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
"
Also you can't argue that random mobs past the first zone is fun. Why should some players suffer with dischargers/devourers/evangelists while others have it easy with monkeys/bandits/skeletons?

I'll admit that GGG should make Endless Ledge into Fixed Seed Monsters. If someone writes up a thoughtful, provoking, non-inflammatory feedback thread in the style Mors has in the past, i bet they would at least try it. Surely the technology can't be much different than Fixed Seed Maps.
It's been suggested every season since it was introduced but GGG isn't interested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info