I laughed @ this answer

Answer from Chris's recent post.

"Will you ever introduce inventory tabs (similar to stash tabs but with a limit)?

I think it's unlikely, because constrained inventory space is an important gameplay element to us. It promotes interesting decisions about items and discourages players from trucking everything that drops back to the vendor. It's also important for maps. Paying for inventory space in the field is also paying for gameplay advantage, which we don't do."

GGG sells stash tabs for money, which in turn allows for more items kept for crafting, vendor receipts, and selling. This gives said individual a currency advantage among other things.

So GGG does allow paying for gameplay advantage.
Pay2Convenience more than anything else, seeing as you can have as many accounts with 24 characters as you want in order to mule the shit out of the game.

I'm sure this thread will be both constructive and polite, though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
jota1500 wrote:

"Will you ever introduce inventory tabs (similar to stash tabs but with a limit)?

I think it's unlikely, because constrained inventory space is an important gameplay element to us. It promotes interesting decisions about items and discourages players from trucking everything that drops back to the vendor. It's also important for maps. Paying for inventory space in the field is also paying for gameplay advantage, which we don't do."

GGG sells stash tabs for money, which in turn allows for more items kept for crafting, vendor receipts, and selling. This gives said individual a currency advantage among other things.

That poor, dead horse. When will you cruel, vicious people ever stop beating it?

So, what's your point? That GGG is, in fact, an evil cabal of lying tab-sellers? Or that you'd prefer to be limited to four tabs per account? Or mebbe you think we should all have as many tabs as we need, forever?

Again, aside from tarring GGG with a very old and worn-out brush, what, exactly, is your point? ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Again, aside from tarring GGG with a very old and worn-out brush, what, exactly, is your point? ='[.]'=

Like the young man who thought he was the first to discover masturbation, it is something that popped up and now must be tugged on vigorously until shame kicks in.

EDIT: See, told ya - constructive and polite.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Aug 27, 2015, 9:08:33 PM
"
Pay2Convenience more than anything else, seeing as you can have as many accounts with 24 characters as you want in order to mule the shit out of the game.

I'm sure this thread will be both constructive and polite, though.

This seems to be one of those issues that i can easily see both sides of the argument on...
I mean at the end of the day.... Convenience in a game like this=Time Saved=Advantage!

I mean understand this is coming from someone with something like 70 some odd tabs in which i bought to make things like Chaos/Regal Recipes easier and such!

At the same time you cant exactly call it a P2W advantage either! I could have just as well made several accounts to essentially have an unlimited amount of stash space as well for FREE! Not to mention each account would be capable of creating 24 more Inv spaces that could also be used as tabs along with 4 tabs per account!

But again going this route is going to slow you down quite a bit! I guess it just depends on how you look at it! My view... Time Saved=Advantage But but if looked at another way one could also view it as Buying Tabs=Advantage in which i think thats where the whole P2W argument comes into play! In otherwords... I think its more of a glass half full/empty sort of argument!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 27, 2015, 9:24:21 PM
Other then dota and league, you will struggle to find a f2p game that is either equal to, close to, or more f2p then poe. If you want to say that poe isn't f2p because of stash tabs, well, you might as well go and play a paid for game then, because you not going to find a more f2p game anyhow. Compare poe to most other f2p games, neverwinter online, skyforge, dragon's prophet etc. You will see the devs here put a lot more love, care and effort into developing this game then any of those developers do and poe is far more f2p then any of them. True, the game is not without flaws, but the thing is, the developers here listen to feedback and are far more engaging then the developers for most online games. I struggle to afford to buy things in most games, however, for poe I broke down and bought stash tabs when I could afford some. Not because I felt that ai needed them, but because I felt that after playing the game and enjoying it for that length of time, it deserved my support. In no other f2p have I ever done this and ai have played and enjoyed many of them.
"
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Like the young man who thought he was the first to discover masturbation, it is something that popped up and now must be tugged on vigorously until shame kicks in.

EDIT: See, told ya - constructive and polite.

HAHAHAHA
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
jota1500 wrote:

You only laughed at the answer because you didn't think it through :) You get virtually unlimited free stash tabs by making new accounts. No such thing with inventory space.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

POE is as F2P as it gets. It's basically the gold standard in F2P done right.

Try playing Hearthstone. There you'll learn about paying for power.
"
KingKnee wrote:

POE is as F2P as it gets. It's basically the gold standard in F2P done right.

Try playing Hearthstone. There you'll learn about paying for power.

Selling stash tabs done right . The tragedy .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Aug 28, 2015, 7:37:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info