Changes to Default Privacy Settings

Bullshit change. Those who wanted to 'protect their character privacy' (*snort*) could do so. You could have implemented a check to ask people whether they care about their trees/eq being shared; instead you took the easy approach.

The trend is worrying, what with this, immense numbers of poorly considered 2.0 changes, nerfing ghosts for all based on vacuum farming...
Last edited by davidnn5 on Aug 28, 2015, 4:16:26 AM
+ + + + +
the reason i found out it's public by default was because of the recent "scandal".
it should've been private by default or at the very least, the first time someone logged into his account, he should've been notified that the account is public and that he has an option to change that.

it's refreshing to read the whining of the but-hurts.
they should realize that it's a difference between people not caring about their profile being public and people not knowing that their profiles are public.
Hmm, not a fan of this change really. Just like 90% of the players didn't know about the feature, 90% of players will not come and change their privacy settings to 'on'. I like to look at people's gear and tree...

See a build you find interesting on a twitch stream? They don't have a guide posted somewhere? NP, just look at their profile and figure it out. Welp, can't do that anymore.

Look at the amount of views this topic has in comparison to the others. No one will know about this change and 99% of profiles will remain private.

I've got the feeling you've done this in response to the players claiming to be able to pull players inventory and stash data. You must have confirmed that they were doing this and this is why you're making such a sweeping change now.
Last edited by darkjoy on Aug 28, 2015, 5:06:54 AM
As someone who recently discovered this feature was added within the past few weeks I was a huge fan of it, always sad when someone was posting about a build they were trying with a private profile. When people talk about their builds I like to see it so I can visualize it better.

I have a feeling there are going to be even less profiles for me to look at. Perusing what others are doing is part of the great experience of thinking of new ways to play IMO.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
You're doing this because of the people claiming to be able to pull player's inventory / stash contents? Were you able to verify their claims then?

This entire 'feature' being turned off for everyone is just a huge waste of the feature itself.
Last edited by darkjoy on Aug 28, 2015, 4:58:49 AM
This is definately a good change, even if I regret that it hasnt been like that from start.
IGN TylordRampage

"
"Note that it has not and will not be possible for other people to see your inventory and stash items unless you voluntarily submit them to a trade service."

xDDD yeaaaah suuuure. *wink wink*
Great change, PoE needed this kind of privacy settings for long time(and more), due to several high ranked community members abusing free access to data features for harassment, unfair advantage and trolling and setting such anti-ToU behavior as a role model example.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Can you please instead of defaulting "Hide Characters tab" make another option "Hide Gear and Passive Skilltree in Characters tab" and default it. It is VERY important.

Just let it work like it worked before you implemented gear&tree showcase.

Characters' names and levels should be shown by default. This info is very useful for guild-managing and trade sites IGN verification (like ExileBro had).

Also, I have private parser for my guild to analyze characters list to detect inactive players (i have timestamps when any member did something to their characters like creating/deleting or leveling). I planned to release this later as public tool for community.

Now to keep this parser work i need to force all guildmembers to set characters to public otherwise i will be unable to manage activity of 250 members in my guild. Same pain will be in future for other guild leaders to do if they'll want to use my guild tool.

P.S. we already kicked many inactive players in last 2 years each time we hit 250 limit. There is always lots of people wanting to join us and we always check profile and charachters to be fit in our rules (like no vulgar names etc). Now all this will be more painful, because guild leaders who has some rules will be unable to check profiles of most players who want to join their guild.
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
Last edited by Dissolator on Aug 28, 2015, 6:21:15 AM
jaja ggg noops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info