5L Carcass Jack vs 6L Rare - Need help with this!

Hello everyone, I really need help with this.
I'm using Glacial Cascade in a 5L Carcass Jack, my Gem links are: GC + Spell Echo + Inc.AoE + Conc.Effect + Penetration.

So my question is , is it worth it to go for a 6L rare ,say maybe add Faster Casting or Added Chaos or any other dps gem or is a 5L CJ is still better due to its 20% Inc.AoE and AoE dmg mods?

I'd gladly welcome any feedback on this, as my currency is very limited, and 6Linking my CJ is just not for me ( I spent 600+ fuses and no 6L ).

Edit: Note that ES/Evasion is irrelevant for me, I only use the mods, not the defenses.
Last edited by dpchaos on Aug 27, 2015, 2:26:49 PM
if you don't use any defenses, then i would keep the 5L CJ you already have. the benefit of the 6L armor is in the defenses...not the extra gem slot

other than that, it is kind of subjective. you could probably get a little more damage from faster casting, increased critical strikes, increase crit multiplier, etc...but is it worth losing the extra AoE reach bonus? your call.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
if you don't use any defenses, then i would keep the 5L CJ you already have. the benefit of the 6L armor is in the defenses...not the extra gem slot

other than that, it is kind of subjective. you could probably get a little more damage from faster casting, increased critical strikes, increase crit multiplier, etc...but is it worth losing the extra AoE reach bonus? your call.

Yeah, basically it's 20% AoE increase from CJ vs 20% quality Faster Casting of the rare 6L.
I'll test with a Tabula, see how the clear speed is affected with less AoE.
thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info