Thanks GGG for finally reworking Bandit-system!

... is what I would say if they implemented these changes. Because:

Your Bandit Rewards are now Jewels!

Featuring!

Extra Jewel-slots for every character! More Jewel slots? Yes, please!
Every character has three special, independent Jewel-slots unlocked by default. They are not connected to the rest of the tree and can only be used with the bandit Jewels.

Tooltip reads "Only Bandit Jewels can be socketed here."

Bandit rewards are now Jewels! I'm on a horse!
They are quest items and as these they can't be traded or put in the stash.
Normal Jewels: Oaks/Kraityns/Aliras/Eramirs guard
Cruel Jewels: Oaks/Kraityns/Aliras/Eramirs blessing
Merc Jewels: Oaks/Kraityns/Aliras/Eramirs influx

Or whatever. Just some ideas. Eramirs Jewel could look like this:

They all show which difficulty they are from so you know where to switch them. Only Eramirs Jewel needs one unallocated Skill point if you want to remove it, obviously.

Kill all Bandits by default! They are douchbags anyway! (this is optional)
Remove the PvP element when partymembers want a different reward. It's confusing, especially to new players. Kill all bandits by default but when turning the quest in at Eramir, you get to choose the Jewel you want.

Change jewels anytime at Eramir, your friendly Bandit Jewel retailer!
To switch out your Jewel you need to use an Orb of Regret to get it out of its slot. For the skill-point Jewel you also have to have one free skill-point. Then go to Eramir Normal/Cruel/Merc with the Jewel in your inventory and he will offer you to trade it for a different one. For Free. Book of Reform recipe is gone.

The Bandit-questline is an ancient artifact and, the way it is now, totally obsolete with the new Jewel-system. This rework would be better for various reasons:

1. Have all your Bandit rewards at a glace (instead of having to check your quest-log).
2. See all the possible rewards at a glace when you choose them (good for newer players).
3. No confusing PvP element that kicks you out of HC for no reason (good for everyone really).
4. Only 1 or 2 Regret cost when you want to switch.
5. No more traveling around when you turn in two amulets at one Bandit lord.
6. New players know instantly how to change bandit rewards and don't have to look up vendor recipes.
7. You slaughter all their men anyway. It doesn't make sense that you murder your way to them, side with them, and then murder your way out of there again.
Last edited by Cocofang on Aug 27, 2015, 8:36:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
At first i thought "did i miss something?".
Then i was like "This has to be another troll thread, i don't want to read it now."

Finally i thought lets have a look if it's a good troll and i found this very well made post!

I really like this suggestion!

Jewels are perfect for this.

+1 from me also for the work you put into this. i rly hope ggg considers this.
I like this idea.
Dunno about the prices for changes, but the concept is cool.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I like the idea, makes changing bandit rewards far more simplistic.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
That's fucking awesome.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Price is too cheap.

Bandits typically are "more efficient" at what they provide vs what a single skill point will give you. Because of that alone the cost to change should ALWAYS be more then 1 regret orb.

Not only that but the current cost prevent people from "abusing" at least without significant cost, the ability to change from 1 build to another. For example my scion has life and attackspeed as her choices so far (havent really touched her to do the merciless one) but if I got the endurance charge and say wanted to go to a caster, it would cost me 40 regrets to CHANGE THE PLAYSTYLE of that character. This is a good thing, as it prevent people or at least most from simply respecing (for basically no cost) 1 build\playstyle into a completely new one.

Furthermore jewels are\were introduced as a fully useable and socketable anywhere thing, this just complicates the jewel system and utilizes something that isn't necessary in this form. \passives tells you what you have, moving or creating jewels for them isn't necessary and is subpar when you honestly think about it.

"
I like the idea, makes changing bandit rewards far more simplistic.

Until you realize that all this actually does is just move \passives onto the tree and creates this convoluted sceario with players trying to socket bandit rewards into other places and failing or failing to socket such rewards to begin with. This solution isn't more "simplistic" its just far cheaper.

"
That's fucking awesome.

Somehow I knew you would like it. Refer to above response.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Aug 27, 2015, 9:37:20 AM
Awesome idea, developed much further than one of the suggestions/questions in Q&A thread where someone asked if bandit reward choices could be at least shown somewhere in passive there.
"
goetzjam wrote:
P...

Most of those objections are irrelevant. Switching between builds is very limited in PoE and already costs shit-ton of regrets--when you want to really switch from ranged to melee or flame totem to ball lightning.

Current cost to change is very high and more importantly the system is very clunky.

Jewel concern can easily be solved by differently shaped jewels.

Bandits after nerfs are no longer anything super special. They are just slightly better than good normal skill nodes and barely on par with notables. Normal jewels are outshining them in most cases.

PoE need more quality of life improvements and flexibility. This would be one little step to achieve it.
"
Baron01 wrote:
Awesome idea, developed much further than one of the suggestions/questions in Q&A thread where someone asked if bandit reward choices could be at least shown somewhere in passive there.
"
goetzjam wrote:
P...

Most of those objections are irrelevant. Switching between builds is very limited in PoE and already costs shit-ton of regrets--when you want to really switch from ranged to melee or flame totem to ball lightning.

Current cost to change is very high and more importantly the system is very clunky.

Jewel concern can easily be solved by differently shaped jewels.

Bandits after nerfs are no longer anything super special. They are just slightly better than good normal skill nodes and barely on par with notables. Normal jewels are outshining them in most cases.

PoE need more quality of life improvements and flexibility. This would be one little step to achieve it.

If the cost remained the same I wouldn't care, but saying the cost SHOULD be cheaper is just wrong.

"clunkly" would be changing an element that doesn't need changed, just because some players don't know how to google. Sorry, if we changed everything that players had to google PoE would be vastly different.

You cannot rely on EVERYTHING to be in a game and the more logical thing for GGG to do is work on actual content and improvements, vs these "side" changes that don't actually change anything or might "slightly" improve someones perception of this implementation.

"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jewel

So you might "simplify" the bandit rewards, but further complicate jewels moving one "clunky" perception from one thing to another actually isn't going to do anyone a favor.

I feel like anyone that supports this idea is one of those people that move things from one place to another, but never really puts anything away.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
i like it but GGG are keen to make bandit choices a hard thing to change so one regret seems way to easy
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Well the jewel part is interesting.

I actually would change the quest to always side with a bandit and remove the option to kill all. The quest would always give a skillpoint and open the option to skill the bandit slot for that difficulty. This would allow easier switching between +1 skillpoint and the bonus you have chosen, for changing to another bonus you would still have to pay the price for the change book, but one regret would be enough to switch to +1 skillpoint.

"
Furthermore jewels are\were introduced as a fully useable and socketable anywhere thing, this just complicates the jewel system and utilizes something that isn't necessary in this form

Actually just don't call them jewel, but having this quest reward on the skilltree is a very nice QoL change. And even though I feel switching from one to another reward should be expensive, switching from one to just the skillpoint wouldn't really matter that much outside standard and give all those characters that have their passivs reset an easier time of being used for something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info