char name <-> account name info in messages

Hi, is there a way to get account name from character name? It is sometimes confusing when you message ppl on different character during trading because I don't know if two character names belongs to same person.
+1
Been asking for this for a while. I wish it would at least show the account name in parentheses or something.
if you message a char name of thiers, it will end up to them. As for nailing down a char name, no idea. Say I have a char named fuckfacemcgee, and im playing as penisscallops, if you msg fuckfacewmcgee, itll go to penisscallops
HAIL SATAN!
Indeed Tramshed. I am talking about:

Alf <- Hi, I would like to buy ...
Joe -> Hi

...is Joe same player as Alf? I am not sure, (improbable but) it can be someone else trying to start conversation with me. Not to mention if you try several people because they are not responding and one of them eventually responds - which one responded if he is using different character?

or when you ask for trade and you get invited into party with more people, you don't remember who invited you - which hideout should you visit? You end up in empty hideout, but that player might be on his way here - or it could be wrong hideout of other party member.
"
titiAlf wrote:

...is Joe same player as Alf? I am not sure, (improbable but) it can be someone else trying to start conversation with me. Not to mention if you try several people because they are not responding and one of them eventually responds - which one responded if he is using different character?

it's much more difficult.

many players have several accounts and run 2 game clients at the same time. this way they don't have to interrupt their gameplay to do trades. thats common practice and not illegal.

so, if someone messages you, just stick to that specific character name, you will never know who is really behind the character name even if you learn about the account name.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 27, 2015, 6:49:00 AM
I have run into instances where a seller's character name is the same as someone else' account name, so the person has no idea wtf I was talking about. Don't ask me why GGG allows a toon name to be the same as someone else' account name... because it clearly shouldn't be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info