I heard people saying "Game is ded" a lot lately, didnt believe it at first...

"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
Do you feel, in a broad sense, that PoE is in a high-point or mid-point right now in terms of features/development of the game over its lifetime? For example, right on 1.0.0 was an insane high point because of the publicity, new players, and immense new content that came out. on the other hand, while still very enjoyable, some of the other patches (nemesis patch as an example) were a bit "slower" in the feel of the game's overall hype and 'expansiveness' if that makes sense. Would you feel like PoE is in one of these higher points right now?

We're certainly at a high point in terms of popularity with The Awakening (it was more successful than Sacrifice of the Vaal or Forsaken Masters!) In terms of development, the game is only going to get larger and more complete as the years go by. In comparison, the version we have here is primitive :)

From today's news post

This doesn't make sense, it's a just a vague PR reply. You're basically saying "new expansion attracts players" which is obvious.

For player retention I think Beyond was the best. Bloodlines was the worst and Tempest is slightly better than Bloodlines (which shows how bad 2.0 really is: Tempest, mechanic-wise, is the best HC league so far).
The game is not dead. But it lost 2/3 of player base in almost two months of expansion release, and is the fastest drop of players ever.

The reason for that is probably that number of players after expansion release was extremely high, on level of PoE first release, but as the content released is veyr small compared to the whole game, the drop of player base is a lot faster
"
themoleium wrote:
In a recent news article in NZ one of the devs said that POE has around 12 million players and turns over 8 figures, doesn't sound ded to me

edit: sauce

B-but muh steam charts!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
miljan wrote:
The game is not dead. But it lost 2/3 of player base in almost two months of expansion release, and is the fastest drop of players ever.

Pretty much this. Te Awakening is objectively the best expansion to date and brings so much content + improvements, but it has the worst retention of all expansions. The turnout might be "good enough" for GGG (in terms of $$$, which is the only thing that matters in the end), but the retention is certainly nothing to be proud of.

Also 12 million bot / mule / alt accounts != 12 million players -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
TheWretch wrote:
Blizz acquires GGG, turns them into the new Blizz North; Blizzard Oceania. They develop and release Diablo 4 for Blizzard and PoE 2 is funded and published by ActiBliz.

Blasphemy!!

He turned me into a newt! He's not the Wretch, he's a witch! Buuuuuuuuurn him!
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Aug 28, 2015, 10:14:26 AM
My guild is active, good enough for me :D
"
themoleium wrote:
In a recent news article in NZ one of the devs said that POE has around 12 million players and turns over 8 figures, doesn't sound ded to me

edit: sauce

I was expecting 4-5mil, doing better than I thought.

As long as I can log in to kill shit the game isn't completely dead.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
We're certainly at a high point in terms of popularity with The Awakening (it was more successful than Sacrifice of the Vaal or Forsaken Masters!) In terms of development, the game is only going to get larger and more complete as the years go by. In comparison, the version we have here is primitive :)

Numbers time i'm tired of politic.
Hf :)
"
Game's doing fine. They pulled in a BUNCH of moolah with div cards.

And in the end, that is what it comes down to. It can't be said enough times: doesn't matter how many players you have if none of them are supporting. And sure, you can argue that happy players are more likely to become supporters, but from what I've observed, it's too easy to fall into a trap of trying to please hard-to-please might-be-supporters. Better off just sticking to the package you're selling and letting it speak for itself.

There will always be people willing to support GGG's vision because no matter their missteps, and there have been many, they're still doing something no one else has or possibly ever will again. There are still some of us who appreciate that.

Finally got around to catching up on the forums today. Have to say I completely agree with this statement. I can't afford as much as Charan. Yet I gladly support the game. Do all of my friends? No. They probably won't ever. Some of them are very particular in what they want. To extreme degrees.

They are best off making the best product they can. Worrying over how to get that one person who hasn't purchased a pack isn't going to help. Odds are they won't anyhow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop - Support Path of Exile!
I have never had more friends playing. I usually focus on challenges, but have had such a good time playing with a full friend list / guild that I am still at 1.

Best league so far in my little world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info