I heard people saying "Game is ded" a lot lately, didnt believe it at first...

And not that it's actually "dead" currently, but the forums and in game chats/public parties seem to be much less active than before 2.0, in Standard league as well as Warbands compared to Tempest.

I obviously can't tell how many new players are coming to the game, but it seems like a lot of people who used to play are gone.

I personally liked most of the changes in 2.0 but I guess a lot of people didn't?

GGG?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
You're falling back into old habits. :(

Nah, I'm just really curious about the status of the game right now.

I really hope my observations are off or otherwise wrong.
Ah ''ded'' such a wonderful word I should say it again.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Ah ''ded'' such a wonderful word I should say it again.

I was only quoting what I saw others saying lol. For some reason they almost always said it "ded" and not "dead".
I appreciate that and supported my share(full stash can't loose) as you say. I haven't thrown THAT many bucks in it, the game deserves more than what I gave but I can't really give more so... But atm current state of the game doesn't please me enough to play it. I will come back as always ofc for new leagues mechanics, trying new builds, checking what's up.

This game evolved a lot, it has good things in it and I will always keep good feelings about it. But it clearly lacks some in between and some "end" for my taste. Act 4 put lot of polish on some broken things imho, but there is a lot to be fixed. (end game content need more things, market is kind of wtf, inconsistancies in many things) It fixed the desync wich is insanely good for the game. But the game isn't fixed nonetheless.

Let's hope for the best. The game isn't clearly dead but I'm sure I'm far from the only one thinking like that. At least I care enough to explicit it, even if no one care. :D
Last edited by galuf on Aug 26, 2015, 9:59:52 PM
Before 2.0 hit we where averaging 5k players on steam.

Now we are around 10k, either we'll stay around here or slowly decline back to averaging 5k players.

I have no idea where people getting this illusion that 2.0 somehow drove the playerbase to be less then what it was 2.0
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 26, 2015, 10:11:30 PM
my pet fan website, doubled in terms of user browsing it, mostly mobile iphones.

this started when 2.0 came.
I need more purple titles
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Now we are around 10k, either we'll stay around here or slowly decline back to averaging 5k players.

I have no idea where people getting this illusion that 2.0 somehow drove the playerbase to be less then what it was 2.0

The 2.0 patch is losing the players faster then any other patch released in poe. So no, its not at rock bottom yet (5k) but its getting there faster then after any other patch.

And yes, a larger playerbase will support more.
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

The 2.0 patch is losing the players faster then any other patch released in poe. So no, its not at rock bottom yet (5k) but its getting there faster then after any other patch.

And yes, a larger playerbase will support more.

If you looked at it objectively they went from 5k players to 32k players and then within almost 1 month and a half to 2 months went down to around 10k.

You cannot lose anymore players then "any other patch" when every single other patch over then release in oct 13 (32k players which is oddly exactly the same) was lower then the amount of people brought in by patch 2.0.

What I mean by that was PoE was stuck around 10k players for 1 year and a half and slowly declined (with a boost every big patch) to 5k players which was the previous patch.

The only difference is in 2 months the 1.0 version was around 15k players and bottomed out at 11k players.

The only alarming thing that I say PoE would have to fix about the game is their player retention rates overall for the game is kinda shitty for the amount of people they bring in every patch. (10k+ every major patch)
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 26, 2015, 10:28:05 PM
Wow, that clears up some things.

I guess the forums seem slower because more people are playing the game now instead of forum lurking?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info