Poorman's Aegis. Crown of the pale king build

I recently discovered that for some reason no one has yet to make a build for the crown of the pale king. So I decided to, I needed to make a character for tempest achievements anyway.

The basic idea.
Spoiler
We use The crown because of its special affix."recover 30% of reflected damage". By stacking with other reflect uniques we are able to buff our reflect damage up to roughly 900physical damage on block. Our crown takes 30% of that(300) and turns it into life. What you end up with is an immortal blocker build that is much much cheaper than buying an aegis(20ex)

The uniques
Spoiler
These are the necessary uniques to make the build work

Turns our reflected damage into life.

Anvil gives us that huge 270avg reflect damage on block in addition to 8% block chance.
The life and mana on block are also huge. this can bring us all the way up to about 350hp on block

deals an avg of 500reflect damage. Also a great shield otherwise.

The tree
Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAF4B5wIRAycEhwUtCC4JMwz3FCAUTRUgFewYkRmOGbQaPhpVG60hYCP2KaUshS2DLlMvzDB8Mk426D3iPfxAoESeRNJHfkjuTGBNklBHU7tU_lhjWhpfP2EhYuxlTXTtdPF4rnk5eu9-4oIHhNmE74rwjM-NfY-ZlcybLZ7Nn8ujiqPnpzCplayvtoq5HbyfvTa95r6nwL_BgsSCypDRNtIh02_TftRS18vZfNrB4izkUelG6dXtP-2D7w7vevJB9kj2o_lj_Es=

Defense
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
44% increased Evasion Rating
161% increased maximum Life
4.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
74% increased Armour
78% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+15% to all Elemental Resistances
40% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
20% increased Flask Recovery Speed
+34 to maximum Life
6% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
Additional 25% Shield Block Chance
+8 Mana gained when you Block

Offence
36% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
+2 Maximum Frenzy Charge
Weapon
72% increased Physical Damage with Swords
44% increased Accuracy Rating with Swords
118% increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
12% increased Attack Speed while holding a Shield
84% increased Melee Physical Damage
4% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
26% increased Attack Speed
52% increased Accuracy Rating
4% increased Melee Attack Speed

[Note] I chose to go for the sword accuracy nodes on the right side of the tree instead of going for RT however for a different weapon choice i would path from mara over to RT.

Skills
Spoiler
This build has the benefit of being very flexible skill wise. Probably the best skill to use is Cyclone, works really well on a 4link. But there are other options in most other melee skills. Molten strike, ice crash and static strike are also great for the build.

Non clear skills that the build uses are vengeance and reckoning for the extra damage.

Tempest shield is used for its additional block chance which takes us up to capped block.

Blood rage and frenzy are both used to stack charges. having 6-7 charges up nearly doubles the damage done. This can also be paired with blood dance boots for a huge amount of regen, making us even more immortal.

Hope you guys like the build and hopefully I can post some videos of the build clearing in the future for now all I have is this video showing off the power of the life on block.: https://youtu.be/ZgqbhWR7ecU
I like the initial idea. Would be nice to find out what the best offensive skills are for this build. Maybe reave?
Last edited by link1313 on Aug 27, 2015, 12:07:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info