My only visual downside with the game

"
Elynole wrote:
Ahh, I wasn't disagreeing with the stiff animations, just didn't know if you knew they had done this with heavier armor based on realism.

Ah, ok. Well, I actually didn't know that, so thanks. =)

"
Elynole wrote:
With that though, I play a necromancer so if I can see around my character and see her animations then I'm doing it wrong.

Haha, very true. =P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Eqadromos
Its because half of them aren't wearing pants.
I kinda feel that the leg-to-body ratio of characters are way off, especially on templar and marauder. Melee characters dont need such long legs, it feels top-heavy.
"
Infiltrator wrote:
The characters look very stiff, especially when walking. I guess the best way to describe it would be: they have a stick inserted in their posterior throughout the game.

The atmosphere (especially this), effects and everything else looks amazing, but if some work could be done about the walking animations this game would be much better.

That's funny because I think this is the best looking ARPG ever made.... and I have played them all going back to Diablo 1.
"
Infiltrator wrote:
The characters look very stiff, especially when walking. I guess the best way to describe it would be: they have a stick inserted in their posterior throughout the game.

The atmosphere (especially this), effects and everything else looks amazing, but if some work could be done about the walking animations this game would be much better.

That's funny because I think this is the best looking ARPG ever made.... and I have played them all going back to Diablo 1. Only ARPG that has a chance to look as good or better will be Grim Dawn.

Damn - sorry about the double post, I meant to edit.
Last edited by jpnole on Feb 13, 2013, 4:31:46 PM
I'm pretty sure they would be happy if you gave them the money to be able to use motion capture instead. Its very hard to animate bipeds etc. without using motion capture on real humans or animals which costs a lot. Done without, animations will always look and feel unreal/not natural.
Last edited by Boombastic on Feb 13, 2013, 5:07:39 PM
Graphics are great. I showed a friend the game on the weekend, who is a D3 player and he was gobsmacked. I think mainly because the graphics were way better than he expected for an indie game and of course because the graphics are actually very good.

For myself the game gets too dark. I know it is part of the atmosphere but unless you play the game in a darkened room it can be very hard to see literally anything. Sometimes in darker dungeon areas, I use the mini map to navigate because I just can't see where I am going. This is a case of atmospherics overcoming gameplay.

A gamma adjustment would be a great feature.
"
jpnole wrote:
That's funny because I think this is the best looking ARPG ever made.... and I have played them all going back to Diablo 1.

Never argued about what ARPG looks best overall, that is quite debatable based on what look means, for some it's technicalities like polycount, animation/texture quality, post processing etc., for some it's artistic feel, like the immersion or emotions instilled by the world.

However, when it comes to player animations, I'm pretty sure that no person can objectively say that PoE did great in that field, at least for now.

But I hope they will, as this game is amazing considering how small the dev team is.
IGN: Interloper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info