Out with the old - In with the new. Sorta.

"
Demental wrote:
"
Rockstopper wrote:
There's definitely a nice synergy between those uniques, and I've only seen it mentioned before in an Incinerate Marauder build that is no longer updated.

That being said, I think a traditional high block build that uses Stone of Lazhwar and a high armor shield is still better, even on a budget. Lioneye's Remorse is a very affordable shield and provides as much as 6k+ armor with all the "increased defences from equipped shield" block nodes. It's good to have a second layer of defense after the chance-based avoidance of block, and as you've mentioned, spell block is difficult to obtain with your setup.

"
Demental wrote:
Tempest Shield is a 'reflect damage' skill. It will add onto the helmet's effect.
I don't think this is correct. Tempest Shield deals damage on block, it is not worded as reflect damage and therefore should not trigger Crown of the Pale King's reflect damage gained as life mod.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Reflect_damage

The wiki is not always right.

"Reflect" is nowhere in TS' description.
Last edited by H4NS on Aug 26, 2015, 10:11:13 PM
I wonder if the Physical damage nodes near shadow work with this. Probably will? Too far from duelist though. hm.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
I wonder if the Physical damage nodes near shadow work with this. Probably will? Too far from duelist though. hm.

In fact its the opposite, Max block builds work with templar, shadow, duelist, marauder and scion as you will pretty much touch home on all those class's to get the block nodes.
So ive made a few adjustments as some people were suggesting and put LGoH on just about everything, we even dropped the anvil and worked back stone of lahzwar for the spell block and its working better then ever.

New VID is uploading now.

The map is in a power charged 75 canyon.

Will post links to gear and gem setups when vid is uploaded.

Spoiler

Best in slot would be +1 frenzy boots, +1 endurance megi, some crazy glove and rings for all your res and ele dps. Devoto or whatever helm you want really, some crazy mirror eva helm or whatever other base form defense you go like eva or armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSdG-JtnVSw

NEW VID: You tube killed the quality so re uploading again.
Last edited by stormyknight on Aug 27, 2015, 5:54:11 AM
"
stormyknight wrote:
Devoto or whatever helm you want really, some crazy mirror eva helm or whatever other base form defense you go like eva or armor.

Nice video. But you can't change the helm... The helm is giving you the 30% leech from reflect.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
As a tanky/shield lover I approve! It's like vaal pact on block :D. Would definitely like to see an optimized version.
Try wearing a bramblejack for the 40% phy dmg reflection.
You think we can troll in pvp with this kind of build? As in purposely afking in the middle and watching people kill themselves.
"
foxcott wrote:
Try wearing a bramblejack for the 40% phy dmg reflection.

Bramblejack is melee reflect. By using Tempest Shield plus the shield you reflect to projectiles and spells when blocking giving you the ability to heal on not just melee attacks but also on ranged.

I believe you're better off with a 6L (if you're in tempest) or a good 5L chest for damage on your main attack.

"
jebroni wrote:
You think we can troll in pvp with this kind of build? As in purposely afking in the middle and watching people kill themselves.

Do people not use block chance reduction in PvP?
Last edited by gbjfrtswym on Aug 29, 2015, 4:19:19 AM
"
H4NS wrote:

The wiki is not always right.

"Reflect" is nowhere in TS' description.

You are correct.

Friend tested it. Tempest Shield is not reflect damage.
Last edited by gbjfrtswym on Aug 31, 2015, 6:22:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info