Diablo 3 PvP out! horribly designed.

Hello fellow exile's. I made a video about diablo 3 pvp, it's really unbalanced and i wish you could go and check my video about this PvP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbsxrhif2k
Last edited by Joltz on Feb 13, 2013, 3:21:16 PM
This is what happens when you design a game for PVE and then try to add PVP at the last minute. It never balances properly. I never cared for D2 PVP and so D3 PVP isn't a draw to me. I just want D3 to get closer to D2 and POE when it comes to everything other than combat which D3 excels at.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Feb 13, 2013, 12:55:27 PM
u need more EHP
On a side note, I went over and glanced at their patch notes. I was amazed at the sheer amount of damage changes that they make to individual skills.

Sometimes moving an ability from 100% weapon damage all the way up to 300+% weapon damage. That's not minor changes for balance. I see that as an outright admission they have no clue what they are doing.

How can you triple the damage of an ability in a patch??
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
It's diablo 3, everything is possible in that bad game. The developers were just too lazy to make a proper PvP. what a shame, but thank god PoE has nice future! :)
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
This is what happens when you design a game for PVE and then try to add PVP at the last minute. It never balances properly. I never cared for D2 PVP and so D3 PVP isn't a draw to me. I just want D3 to get closer to D2 and POE when it comes to everything other than combat which D3 excels at.

"last minute" They had team PvP months before the game came out, then removed it, and added this shit like 8 months late.
The implementation is pretty lite, it's more for goofing off with friends imo. To be fair, they said it was going to be unbalanced but added it because of demand, D3 is strictly a PvE game at this stage.

I got D3 about a week ago after a friend convinced me, it's fun in its own way but PoE is definitely the modern D2.
i still cant get over the fact that i payed 60euro for that crap

and i wont even start on that fucking blizzard policy when 1euro=1usd
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
On a side note, I went over and glanced at their patch notes. I was amazed at the sheer amount of damage changes that they make to individual skills.

Sometimes moving an ability from 100% weapon damage all the way up to 300+% weapon damage. That's not minor changes for balance. I see that as an outright admission they have no clue what they are doing.

How can you triple the damage of an ability in a patch??

they have done that several times in an attempt to diversify builds viable in inferno. The skill balancing in that game was really terrible and broken. people complain about hp stacking in PoE...it was 10 times worse in D3 at least here you can use different abilities. This is what happens when your beta only consists of an hour of gameplay...

D3 is a highly polished fun action game but fails in almost every rpg aspect and these types of patch notes do nothing but confirm that. I mean these kind of changes should only happen in a beta...

oh and and on the balance issue. Its well know that Blizz has stated they were not going to spend a lot of resources balancing pvp as it was never meant to be the main focus of the game but "just for fun" remember the Jay Wilson "Screw you pvp guy" quote?
Last edited by derbefrier on Feb 13, 2013, 10:41:56 PM
This is why Jay Wilson sucks.. You want to make balanced PvE but nerfes and buffs are all over the place... much more compared to Diablo 2... And in Diablo 2 the PvP did not suck... and the PvE didnt suck either.

Fail.... I want to make good PvE as main priority and then add PvP afterwards... and result is that both of them suck. ):.

Noob Jay Wilson thinks D2 was unbalanced.... sure it prob. was a bit.... but not if you compare it to D3. ): The main focus of making everything balanced is still messed... everything is unbalanced... yet we really wanted to make a balanced PvE game?

Saying SHUT UP PVP GUY didnt help... PvE and balance is worse in D3 compared to D2 so Jay Wilson doesnt know what he is saying.... Yeah sure just blame it on "PvP guys"... Jay Wilson prob. thinks that D3 is unbalanced because of PvP guys even today. His hate for PvP guys does not make sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info