[2.0] Incinerate RF Atziri killer/Map faceroller build

"
anakkk wrote:

I even think that in the best scenario, we'd have a wand with +1 gems, 100+% spell dmg and cast speed.

I just took some minutes to check possibilities, and i would say a wand with these stats will only be hard to find, and to fit for our INT. So i decided to watch out for a good Sambar Sceptre (Implicit: Damage penetrates 2% of Elemental Resistances). Get here around 85% SpellDmg and 20% FireDmg + ~15% CastSpeed. Combined with Flammability we can reach 85% Fire Penetration, or at least 41% on Atziri (and Curse Immune Mobs).

Just for the record:

I did tried a Doon Cuebiyari. My DPS got bigger, even with my low 516 str.
The cast speed makes us reach stage 3 faster and deal more DPS for each hit. I just don't know if it pays for the 0,2% life leech (0,2% * 19k * 4 = 152 life per sec from single targets)
"
Fiktivus wrote:
"
anakkk wrote:

I even think that in the best scenario, we'd have a wand with +1 gems, 100+% spell dmg and cast speed.

I just took some minutes to check possibilities, and i would say a wand with these stats will only be hard to find, and to fit for our INT. So i decided to watch out for a good Sambar Sceptre (Implicit: Damage penetrates 2% of Elemental Resistances). Get here around 85% SpellDmg and 20% FireDmg + ~15% CastSpeed. Combined with Flammability we can reach 85% Fire Penetration, or at least 41% on Atziri (and Curse Immune Mobs).

Yeah, i've been thinking about the wand lately. I think that the perfect scenario would be:

Base: Prophecy wand
Preffix: spell dmg, spell dmg/mana, add fire to spells
Suffix: Proj speed, cast speed, fire dmg.

That way, if we were willing to do so, we could take faster proj from the link (it gives 69% speed, the affix could go up to 46%) and add something else like faster casting for even more DPS, or life leech just because.
Last edited by anakkk on Sep 11, 2015, 9:33:43 AM
"
anakkk wrote:

Pages ago someone said that Immortal Call + Molten shell was doing great.

I hardcast IC sometimes.

"

And please, do get Unwavering Stance. You are only one point from taking it, and have such low evade chance that i dont even know why haven't you picked it yet lol

Monsters don't even get close atm, so I don't need it.

And in general US only stops "stuns" (something that barely ever happens with >5k life), it doesn't stop animation cancelling/interrupting or being pushed around by Rhoas/Blackguards.

I have the option of taking it, that's why I took this path, but I'm not so sure I ever will. ;)

"
Peterlerock wrote:

Oh. Oh.
Well, what can i say. If you're not going RF at all, then you're having a different focus on your build, like auras and gear and passives.

I wouldn't go so far.
It's just a gear swap (Shield + 1-2 items go to get resists, RotP comes in), we're doing the same thing. Standing around and incinerating monsters.

"

Sorry if something sounded a little rough. I just don't want you to be stuck between two different-focused builds, and end up with no DPS, neither tanking.

Don't worry, I'm not too afraid of "no DPS, neither tanking".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
anakkk wrote:
Just for the record:

The cast speed makes us reach stage 3 faster and deal more DPS for each hit. I just don't know if it pays for the 0,2% life leech (0,2% * 19k * 4 = 152 life per sec from single targets)

TBH ... i'm proud to hear that :D seems i made somthing right hehe. Switching to Doryani's is always possible on maps where u notice, that leech would be fine. I do the same on vuln or -max res maps - pressing X take my saffaelis, and party goes on :D spell dmg from the shield compares some of the lost where we cannot use RF
Last edited by Fiktivus on Sep 11, 2015, 9:50:35 AM
"
anakkk wrote:

I know a lot of people like determination, but look at my stats. I have 50% phys red without determination, and AA gives me 12% more if I'm static. Since incinerate makes us stay strong in the same place, it might be even better than determination, for a cheaper cost.

Not so sure about that, btw.

The "50% phys reduction" in your stats sheet is a rough estimate that doesn't mean anything.
Don't know how or why it is even in the tooltip, but it is definetly nothing to rely on.

%Reduction = Armor/(Armor+10*damage)

(there's "damage" in this formula, something variable, so giving an absolute number doesn't really help)

As an example, your 10k armor provides % protection against a 2k hit:
10000 / (10000 +10*2000) = 33% (not 50% as in tooltip)
Then you mitigate another 12% via AA, thats ~1300 *0.88 = 1173 damage taken.

With Determination's "50% more armor", it's :
15000/(15000+20000) =42%
Then you take 1160 damage.

Against 1k, 10k Armor does 50%, with AA thats 0,56, 15k does 60%.

So I wouldn't really call it "better", it's another mechanic that really only shines against super-high hits.
"
Fiktivus wrote:
"
anakkk wrote:
Just for the record:

TBH ... i'm proud to hear that :D seems i made somthing right hehe. Switching to Doryani's is always possible on maps where u notice, that leech would be fine. I do the same on vuln or -max res maps - pressing X take my saffaelis, and party goes on :D spell dmg from the shield compares some of the lost where we cannot use RF

I guess that's one of the beauties of this build. Having a second setup for maps where you dont use RF, using things like 2 Doon, or wand + saffell (or rathpith, or prism guardian).
Great variant of an already awesome build, loved it all the way. Just killed my very first Atziri ever with this build, thanks for sharing!
"
Fiktivus wrote:

Found this...

Already close to Doon (drop from 16k to 14.7k).
Now i only need to yolo crazy high spell damage.
I've been working on this build for 2 weeks-ish now and I'm SO satisfied with my results. My goal was to be able to farm Atziri with ease, and I've met that goal now. I've made more money on this character than any other of mine, including a MF Totem Witch. Thanks a lot for this build/guide. I've never had more fun playing a character!

Here's my current tree at 87:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwEswUtBg4J9gxfDc0UIBZvGFYZLho4Gj4abBynHM4kqicvJ-0pLitQNZI26TrYOuE8LT0PPfxBh0MxRtdHfk3jUEdTpVcNWGNfP2P9ZU1mVGh0aPJvO3GFcg907XXLd-N4DXrmeu98uHy7ggeCm4Nfg8yE2YV7jM-NfpBVlG-aO52uogCmV6lurY2vp7FCtfK3Pr02vqfAGsBmxFjE9sauxtjNmM9-0iHUfNWm2L3ZYdl82mLaudrB4XPjauQi6mLsOO087w7wH_Gs8kHyRfZI-ej-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=wutrigz&characterName=StinkFiggler

Here's my current armour and such:

Need a couple more Ex to throw in this amulet:

Where would you reccommend taking the tree past 91? I want to take this build to 100

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info