Development schedule of PoE

"
TheWretch wrote:
Im in love with The Awakening though. Still looking forward to new areas and monsters in the next mini xpac though :)

I have a feeling it's not going to be for a while. Chris stated somewhere that the 2.0 leagues will last longer than 3 months. Considering they used to go 3 month temp leagues -> ~1 month mini races/leagues -> new expansion, as well as the size of the 2.0 release, I reckon the next few patches will be for balance.

There are still some ridiculous mechanics going on, like the damage on Torchoak Grove, the power of Reave/Cyclone/Flame Totem/Incinerate Totem, and the weakness of other Spell Totems and plenty of skills.
"
SponTen wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Im in love with The Awakening though. Still looking forward to new areas and monsters in the next mini xpac though :)

I have a feeling it's not going to be for a while. Chris stated somewhere that the 2.0 leagues will last longer than 3 months. Considering they used to go 3 month temp leagues -> ~1 month mini races/leagues -> new expansion, as well as the size of the 2.0 release, I reckon the next few patches will be for balance.

There are still some ridiculous mechanics going on, like the damage on Torchoak Grove, the power of Reave/Cyclone/Flame Totem/Incinerate Totem, and the weakness of other Spell Totems and plenty of skills.

I don't doubt you're right. There will be many patches before the next one that contains significant new content, if i had to guess id say maybe by march/april 2016 we should be getting new stuff.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
SponTen wrote:

2 years later, it made me wonder...

Is Chris' statement linked with Forsaken Masters? Was GGG already developing it 2 years before the announcement was made?

From the comments I have seen Devs make on various things in Path of Exile, the GGG team does have an awful lot planned out far in advance - 2 years might even be short term thinking for them, as in something they have to figure out how to implement soon. The exact implementation of their long term ideas may take some tweaking to get right, but the overall ideas they have worked out for the long term are part of what makes the game compelling and exciting to play.

I just wonder if the good folks at GGG sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, chuckling and thinking "Now THAT would be a dastardly good challenge to throw at those exiles."

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
SponTen wrote:
Was just browsing around to see what the chances were of 5Ling and 6Ling items, and I came across this:
"
Chris wrote:
If there was a vendor recipe to guarantee six linked sockets if you traded in 1500 fusings, would you use it?

Edit: I'm not saying it takes 1500 fusings to get six linked sockets :P

Posted on August 30, 2012 3:34 PM.

Lol, I had forgotten all about that! Gonna have to pay even more attention to Chris' posts from now on. I'm already in the habit of highlighting and mousing over his entire post looking for hidden links.
I has afk since Oct 2014 and back to game because of the Awakening.

All of the new things are great.

Therefore, I am expected the Awakening II (Act 5)is great too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info