Multiple Animated Guardians?

If there was something like a "More Minions" gem that gave 100% more allowed minions and then less damage/hp on the minions you are allowed, it wouldn't necessarily be great for zombos or skeles or spectres (make them even weaker to AoE), but it would be pretty good for animated guardian
"
clan_iraq wrote:
If there was something like a "More Minions" gem that gave 100% more allowed minions and then less damage/hp on the minions you are allowed, it wouldn't necessarily be great for zombos or skeles or spectres (make them even weaker to AoE), but it would be pretty good for animated guardian

it would only push people to find more support-ish builds for animate guard. Right now the only reason to use it is leer cast+dying breath, it would not take long for someone to find more support type of items that buffs the overall player (but it wouldn't fix the issue which would be using animate guard for more than just a buffer)
"
andreicde wrote:

really tanky , but not immune from 1 hit mechanics. You can risk it if you want, but I've seen 25k guards getting destroyed pretty fast by some nasty mods from some bosses (not often, but it happens)

I definitely agree with you there. As long as players can die, guardians can and will die. Especially to 1 shots since they can't be as smart as players.
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
If the Guardian would do something different than running into the monsters and auto-attacking them to death, maybe I'd be interested in having more than one. But that's his entire skill set, so for me he's just around to wear a Dying Breath and a Leer Cast. Thank you, AG. :)

Yeah he's basically a pimped out zombie that you can only have 1 of. I think their AI is a tiny bit better than zombies though, can't tell for sure. You can also "diversify" his skill set by slapping on some interesting uniques on him. For example, you could give him a Thousand Teeth Temu and he'll do damage when he's blocking, or a Death's Oath and he'll degen enemies with chaos damage, or Dreadarc for a flammability curse-bot; you could even give him a weapon that causes bleeding like The Blood Reaper and use Bloodlust on your main skill for a "more" damage booster for melee attacks. This is why I like AG. I'm not saying he'll make a build super strong, but hes very fun.
Don't forget PvP. Summoners are now inexistant in HLD (SRS is not a summon, more a strange fireball). Multiple Animate Guardians could finally change that as they can be the strongest summon in game with top gear, don't lose their gear in PvP when dying and don't need corpses to be summoned.

ex.:
AG 1: support with Leer Cast, Dying Breath and Shackles of the Wretched (frenzy charges on death).
AG 2 & 3: damage duo with facebreakers, death's oath, rainbowstride, Abyssus,...
You: Rathpith Globe on Necromantic Aegis, aura's, enhanced curses till the enemy runs out of flasks,...

=> Not the strongest build, but viable and so much fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info