Criticize my crit staff ice crasher (Abyssus + Lightning coil) please

Hello everyone.

I have a shitload of decent gear on standard that I never play with so I've decided to give standard a go and go for lvl 95+. Basically what it comes down too; I have a 5-link lightning coil and a good abyssus and rats nest which I want to play with. I've decided it's going to be a ice crasher because the skill looks cool. So I've come up with a crit build (first self-made) in which I try to counter the extra phys damage from abyssus with a decent amount of defenses. When I want to do hard content (atziri etc) I can always switch the abyssus for a rats nest or a life/res rare helmet.But for mapping abyssus seems like so much fun.

The skills I've come up with:
5/6L leap slam - curse on hit - warlords mark - fortify - faster attack - BM
5/6L ice crash - WED - melee phys - added fire - crit chance - inc aoe/conc effect (what about crit multi/PCOC/FA?)
4L CWDT - molten shell - ice golem - rallying cry?
4L CWDT - arctic breath - blind - GMP
4L hatred/determination - herald of ash - enduring cry - blood rage

The tree:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAdwEswUtB3ULYQ3NEuETcRQgFm8YXRo4HM4dFCFVIWAkqicvKaUrUC3SLlMx-zQxNI41kjbpPAU9_ECgQXJHflBHValYY1iuWfNeE16lXz9lTWaeZ5to8moBa9lvO3IPcql07XTxdqx343gNeHp5aHrvf-OE2YTvhjuHaozPj0aQVZHOkn2XtJhvnz6iAKLqqSepbqmUrKqt8a4-r2yvp7Xyu-28mr02vqfAGsBmwKbBBMS4xPbGrsbYyWfPftNv1fjYvdrB3CPcPeNq5FHlz-oY7UTvDu988B_2SPcy-Ov60vuL_lQ=

Now I have several questions/statements that I'd especially like your opinion on (but please feel free to criticize anything!):
- I'm thinking about using assassin's mark instead of warlords and just manually cast EC all the time.
- Whispers of doom (extra curse) seems very appealing, is it worth it? What to give up?
- With bandits I take 7 endurance charges, should I focus more on power charges? Especially if I manage to get a hegemony's era? Or can you get high enough crit without? (increased crit chance as gem?)
- I think I should get Iron Reflexes for lightning coil and my focus on armour (and makes gearing easier in general, I have some very good EV/AR pieces, rats nest is also EV)
-If I get some leech on gear, mana will be oke, right?
- Will I need life leech on gear or in tree?
- Will I need more life to be able to do high level maps?
- How good is the eagle eye node? Seems like I have more than enough accuracy and the crit chance gained is kind of low for 3 points. I think I'd rather take one of the jewels.
- Am I getting to much defenses since I already have the lightning coil? Maybe get Hematophagy and drop unyielding and blunt instruments or some endurance charges?
- How good will extra frenzy charges be?

ANY CRITICISM OR HELP IS WELCOME!
Once I get GG jewels I will pick up the jewel slots and figure out what to drop for them.
Last edited by JuicedG on Aug 24, 2015, 5:37:30 PM
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

So basically 34% life is better than: 100% extra armor, an endurance charge, 20% less damage from crits against me, at least 600 flat armor (the evasion on lightning coil) and a bit of life regen? That seems hard to believe, could you explain why the armor is useless and the HP so good?

If I go for all that HP and no armor I should get life leech on tree or gear right? Or is blood rage enough? And if I use this tree it feels like I should not get endurance charges at all, just go power charges and full crit. I've always been told that defence is only good if you stack it a bit.
Last edited by JuicedG on Aug 24, 2015, 7:32:42 PM
Well, all that armor is pretty pointless as you already have a shit ton of phys mitigation from lightning coil and endu charges. With lightning coil and 5 charges you have around 50% flat phys damage mitigation. Also % based armor isn't that good as it will be difficult to stack a lot of base armour since you don't use grace. I also took out that additional endu charge as it's very far away and only something I would go for if I was like level 95. 34% life easily translates into over 600 flat life,which provides mitigation against all types of damage, not just physical. The armor gets worse against large hits but life is the same.

No need to get leech on tree, ever, but it can be pretty nice to have on gear. Best place to get leech however is jewels. Frankly though, blood rage is enough.

I don't understand why you would feel that you should not get endurance charges. If it's efficient to get, then go for it. Remember, we also have free charge generation from the staff notable. Power charges and crib are, in fact quite important as well too.

This is a buff
Thanks a lot for the explanation!

I was planning on leveling determination for hard maps but you´re right, grace is probably better. If I swap to grace + AA + chaos golem for hard content life is better because I have so much mitigation already right? I think I will run your tree but instead of picking up executioner I'll probably go for blunt trauma (bit less damage but so much more armor for grace). And if I will be using grace plus lightning coil (and other EV gear I have; rare boots, gloves and rats nest if abyssus gimps me to much) I should definitely go for iron reflexes right?

Than as I start getting good gems with life and crit chance/multi I will start dropping notes accordingly to get the gem slots (you can pick up so many:O)

I will probably use blood rage instead of rallying cry in the CWDT set-up. I was also thinking about taking vaal haste or vaal lightning strike instead of rallying cry.

How do you feel about eagle eye?
Last edited by JuicedG on Aug 25, 2015, 1:48:12 PM
Eagle eye is crap.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info